Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irritating April

Suspended
    Thanks
    Shame on you! That is not the answer I expected... I thought there will be an all new meaning of the word sweatshop... with the air-conditioner turned on high just to get that extra musky sweaty smell that most bosses love. Also fear filled faces with gloom hanging over your employee’s heads as they work harder and harder and you get to pay them in actual peanuts...

Yes and don’t forget that they have to skip lunch because they blinked more then what is allowed on contract! Also remember a good lashing every now and again will keep the motivation high thus getting maximum performance.

Oh! Yes darn it! I forgot that we live in a free world! Or do we? Have a look around the public holidays had no effect on most if not all the businesses because every single one I past on my way to deliver Pizza was open. ....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insulin View Post
    Shame on you! That is not the answer I expected...
    I've told you before - not every business owner is a bastard. Not every manager is a slave driver.

Just as not every employee is worth what they earn. Some are worth more and some are worth less. And some just cost you money.

There now - I got mean in the end. Happy now?

Suspended
    Thanks
    Now... now no need for that... Was just illustrating a point... I know there are good on both sides just as there is bad on both sides of every story. It is just... I was pointing out that sometimes a breather is a good thing despite some profit loss...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Given that 50% of April is taken up by Public Holidays, as well as the fact that it is virtually the only month in my industry without deadlines, I have taken leave and vegetated at Ballito for 2 glorious weeks, so I'm not complaining.

I do, however, agree that we really cannot afford the lost man-hours/productivity, less so in the current economic climate where SA has not yet really felt the effects like the rest of the globe.

But I will ponder more about this problem on Monday, when I catch up on the daytime TV soaps and Dr Phil.........

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well there you go. I'm sure the holiday industry is most grateful for your support, Morticia

And welcome back

Talking about the hospitality industry, the IPL coming to SA must have been a pretty good windfall.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Must be great to be the boss of something big and profitable. Don’t get me wrong I have worked for many unscrupulous ventures and I am good at making a business work. My last venture was most profitable for the owners. But then that generous backstab is always just a corner away. That is why I am just waiting for the market to stabilize and then I will see how things stand. Still I will recommend you look at the suffering market as a candy store... Fact is you can get some things cheaper and perhaps it is a good time to look outside South Africa for good quality suppliers. They need the money and you need cheap goods so there is definitely the possibility to profit from all of this...

Thanks
    What has happened since yesterday the quotes and the work has not stopped. Just slowing down now for the weekend.
    Post elections euphoria or just catching up.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12