My Toshiba laptop, that I raved about in the past died this past easter weekend. It did not come back to life. Only two years old and out on the erubbish goods pile already

I was reminded while shopping around for a new one, that I need to have a machine that has vista business on board for networking and server stuff. The choices are few off the shelf unless one wants to spend another R3k on upgrades for this option.

So made a selection brought it home and tried for two days to get my new machine looking like the old one. Much frustration and cursing.

So then thought....mmmm....forgot about the 'downgrade' to XP option. So reformatted and started again - with xp on board.

A few hours later my machine looks like the old one - runs like a dream for all my software and I haven't had one argument with it yet.

I have battled with vista for the past two years, unable to use the xp option because Toshiba machines are only set to take vista os. It become like a tamed dragon where you operate in an unconscious way manoeuvring and manipulating every day to get it right, not thinking that there must be a better way.

I have been freed to do some real work now....hasta la Vista Meester Gates.