Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whos at fault with the taxi's

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insulin View Post
    Also bring in a report system that will enable the public to report abusive taxi drivers and overloading, drunk and aggressive driving.
    I wonder if an SMS service would work. SMS the road, direction taxi is heading and if possible the license number to a SMS hotline. Any metro vehicles in the area could be alerted and take appropriate action.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Suspended
    Thanks
    That is stunning forward thinking... Yes I can see that work. Also Instead of speeding camera’s what about camera’s that actually can be monitored in real time? Then your SMS with these system criminals will not be able to speed away anymore. A working model of this can be found in the UK and Germany when it comes to running criminals thy have can’t use the main roads anymore. COOL STUFF

Suspended
    Thanks
    What can we expect when the elections start? One cannot help but wonder if the taxi violence will affect the outcome... What do you think?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by insulin View Post
    One cannot help but wonder if the taxi violence will affect the outcome... What do you think?
    I think - Taxi Violence = Organised Crime = Politics = ANC = No Change
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    LOL

See theres an Indaba today, Taxi bosses/JZ versus strike.

Anyone wanna bet no strike?? Vote in 2 days... Strike next week - along with load shedding. Actually come to think of it, good indicator to see how much in bed they are.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's the taxi bosses trying to get their fingers into the rapid transport deal. I can't blame them, really. The rapid transport system is likely to affect their business.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I reckon JZ can sweet-talk the birds out of the trees. He's got the taxi bosses to hold off on further action until after the elections and he's got his government together. In the meantime, construction of infrastructure for the Bus Rapid Transport system carries on.

So who won in that showdown?
    Last edited by Dave A; 21-Apr-09 at 07:27 AM.

Suspended
    Thanks
    What I cannot understand that JZ makes statements like these without being challenged. If one read cheerfully he points that Taxi’s are race owned and run by the indicated majority? In a way this illustrates an interesting point that need to be addressed and explored. However it shows that the public transport systems will not change soon.

In all respect I am sure that JZ have had only the best intentions at heart... Still I feel that other transport systems like trains and busses need to be addressed and there potential explored. With proper trains we can move from city to city within in moments without increasing automobile traffic to that aria. People will once again be able to work in big cities and still get home in time for supper. This will aid in positive fanatical growth and thus by default more tax can be paid and our country gets stronger.

Thirdly I still feel that the taxi industry have too much political power when it comes to elections, strikes and we cannot overlook the past turf-wars that claimed many lives. Then there are the basic health and safety considerations of the passengers and drivers?

Right now I feel that the taxi’s systems are unchallenged and there aggressive behaviour overlooked. However this being stated I personally think that it will be easier to perfect ColdFusion then to understand our politics.

9. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (22-Apr-09)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, after all the drama, here comes the BRT anyway - end of August apparently. It really looks like a promising solution to our public transport problem.
    Modelled on Columbia's public transport system, it will include 143 new buses that will operate between 5am and 11pm daily, at a frequency of three minutes in peak times and every 10 minutes during off-peak times. Commuters will pay R3 for a trip in the inner city, and R8 for a full trip, with any number of transfers for two hours.
    So how are the taxi folk doing in this deal?
    Following escalating tensions and a violent strike by the taxi industry earlier this year, President Jacob Zuma in April called for work on the BRT to be temporarily suspended. Transport Minister S'bu Ndebele met with taxi operators last month and an interim agreement was reached. Moosajee said that negotiations with the taxi industry will resume at the end of July and is confident that a mutually beneficial agreement will be reached.
    Still not settled, it seems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12