Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T Manuel: Centre for Education in Economics and Finance (CEEF) fundraising dinner

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sgafc View Post
    He is obdurate and arrogant.
    As is most of government, I'm afraid. Truth be told I think they see us the same way too.

The underlying problem is there is a deep suspicion of business representation within government circles and we go into meetings like know-it-alls.

EDIT: The fact that we might know more than they do about business issues doesn't help much either
    Last edited by Dave A; 09-Apr-09 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Can't say i completely agree with the Trevor Manuel issues.

For sure he is rubbing shoulders with a very in-decent crowd at the moment, but it is certainly not but his own choice. Of course he could choose to walk and not be involved anymore.... I think that day could considered as worse off than when JZ had charges dropped though - it will be a very bleak day indeed.

Sadly i think the possibility of him walking is a reality as i don't think he will enjoy his new company. I don't generally have faith in politicians either and take everything they say with a pinch of salt, and when there is actually results, good on them.. (even though it probably included massive personal gain along the lines)

TM has always had strong opinions, he seems to have generally followed up and produced on them. In terms of managing the country financially, he has done a pretty good job - the results of where that money actually ended up never seems to go well. Pity the same departments that get the cash don't answer directly to him as to how it got spent, I really believe he would make a difference.

Better the devil we know??? (and i dont classify him as in the same league of devil that we are about to know!) A suitable replacement for him would be considered by JZ (unless all goes well at voting) - now there are some potential consequences I would lose sleep over..
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.