Thread: where do you get your computer components from?

Thanks

where do you get your computer components from?

well, considering I just went to 3 shops today and non of them had what I was looking for, I thought I'd see where everyone gets their PC parts from.
    personally, I use the following:

Computers only - great online store with decent prices. had a small issue with them "not receiving payment notification" but otherwise a good supplier.

matrix - the usual store I go to in Springfield Park, Durban. they have a good variety and decent pricing. caters more to business needs now than gaming though.

PC Zone - usually when I go looking for something, it'll be here. specific components have worked hundreds, but I've heard that their PC setups can be a bit shaky. however they seem to be outsourcing them recently so I think standards on that front have gotten a heck of a lot better. the one I usually visit is the pinetown branch.

Suspended
    Thanks
    If you don’t mind me asking: Do you do your own IT support in your company? Then I recommend you register a small business and register with one of the heavyweights like Sahara Computers South Africa. You will not only get better prices but you will be able to supply yourself with everything you need. However do not disclose that you will supply only yourself when registering to Sahara this will not sit well with them. The nice thing is your will have small business Tax benefits and other benefits that goes with it. Also state that all sales are cash only sales.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Normally I get everything from Incredible Connection. They are expensive and they don’t have everything you need and it is true they are slow when you order stuff but they will not disappear overnight thus your guarantees is worth something.

Thanks
    oh no, this is just personal stuff. if you're talking small business to resellers, go rectron. supplies the majority of small stores (next time you walk into a computer store, go ahead and look around on the item. you'll see a small rectron barcode on the item), and alot of the major ones. I have bought from incredible corruption before, but usually follow a ritual cleansing afterwards. their on-floor sales are pretty general in their knowledge, which can be quite irritating. but then again, they are kind of supplying the less technologically inclined amongst us. the questions they expect follow the lines of "will it run this program?" or "will it do this?" you can't go in there saying "does the Asus P5QC featured in this machine support dual channel DDR2 at 1066Mhz on 1 or both channels?" the time I went looking for a video editing program the bloke tried to sell me an over-priced copy of nero 8. but i will admit when asking what bag a certain camera would fit in, they were able to find one fairly quickly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm afraid one Sahara computer cured me of any urge to buy more.

Thanks
    yeah but the bloke you got it from was dodgy as hell. However, that said, I'm not exactly proudly south african in my computer buying...

Thanks
    I know all those places mentioned in this thread....don't wanna dis anyone, so will give my Whoop Whoop to Nick (The owner of NGRComputers) ...for providing unbeatable prices...

I agree if you buy a pre-assembled Rig, no one can beat PCZone...but if you looking for individual components...http://www.ngrcomputers.co.za/

It's all online...and they deliver almost free....you can even email them to follow up on your order...sometimes of course they need to check thier stock supply and shipments from East get delayed....especially on cheap cutting edge Mobo's etc...

Nick is so cool, he actually delivers to My front door in the evenings...He's based in Westville...

He hosts the FRAG lan parties here in KZN as part of his service to Extreme Gamers like us...

Check the site out and post your findings....

Cool...

Thanks
    ngr looks like it has more choice and will appeal to gamers(immediately looked at the reaper RAM ), but pricing is on par with a few places.

Thanks
    NGR is great, have never had problems with them.
    I've asked Matix for a quote or pricelist when i visited their store in Nelspruit and emailed them two weeks after that. Still waiting.

Recently i'm getting my stuff from Sahara and Rectron in PE.
    The only reason I'm not getting my stuff from Nick Romarin at NGR is its a long way to courier it.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch