Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic travel logbook

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Electronic travel logbook

For you to get any tax benefit out of a travel allowance on your private motor vehicle, from 1st March 2009 you have to keep a logbook.

SARS have thoughtfully provided an electronic travel elogbook here that you can download.

It looks quite handy, and being given out by SARS, must surely be compliant

2. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (22-Mar-10), IanF (05-Mar-09)

Thanks
    Dave
    Thanks for that. I always struggle to find the new rates for the next year. I use this for a car allowance logbook we print.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks

E-logbook

Dear all friends

This is caedmon from 3BM Industry Inc.We have a new product design for the new tax policy in SA.We call it GPS-tracker or E-logbook.

The e-logbook device is small, lightweight and attractive in design. Simple-to-use operation ensures there is no distraction to the vehicle operator. The internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery allows the device to be used wirelessly between charges. Alternatively, it can be plugged into the vehicle’s 12 volt power outlet with the included charger. The e-logbook has enough internal memory for approximately 30 days’ worth of average vehicle usage. An indicator LED light tells the user when memory levels are low. Connect the e-logbook to a computer and easily upload the stored data to the software.

If you need more information please feel free to contact me at : caedmon.cai@gmail.com

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi everyone,

Just want to confirm the elogger unit posted earlier, defenitely worthwhile losing pen and paper and going this way.
    Elogger is a fully hands off GPS unit giving SARS compliant data for every trip including all the addresses visited.
    Business and Private data seperate, distance totals and storing capacity of more than 18 months.
    Antenna technology not needing line of sight so unit can be placed at various locations inside the vehicle.
    Lots of Q and A feedback and info on the main website www.elogger.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up the perfect unit for the job

Hi guys

I have found the Travelog™ product is a far better piece of equipment, here below is some reasons why.

Record business and private on sight via the touch screen
    Record the customers detail on sight and saves it to memory so if you revisit the same customer it automatically comes up with the detail, the problem with the other units out there is that you must edit this afterwards, and I found out I never know where I was a week ago.
    You can log fuel separately on the unit, I have found the other units actually save this as a trip, but infect you just putting fuel in.
    Also me as a rep I do not have the time to find just the gps co-ords on the net its to much of a hassle.

I have been using the Travelog unit for some time and it truly has saved me time money and effort.

If any one wants email me and I will forward the guys detail who sells this product.

Email problem
    Thanks

Elogger travel data

Hi Guys
    Just to confirm a few things. We did all the comparisons technically and through software. Anyone is welcome to do the same.
    Elogger is the only unit that will give you the exact address location for every trip automatically without having to enter it manually. All GPS coordinates are converted within the software. Advanced antenna technology not requiring line of sight and not losing the signal all the time. Automatically stores business and private travel data seperately and have data storage capacity of more than 18 months.
    Additional online webserver software to allow entry of all customer and client data to be remembered, combine and split trips, add maintenance and fuel cost, create an area or radius around your visiting adresses fot future reference and after all that create your final reports which is SARS compliant. Additionally having a seperate SD memory card as backup.
    Best is to have a look at the devices offered in the market and compare apples with apples as we always say. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Hi everyone. Do these electronic auto loggers really make a difference and how many of you actually get to use them? Would you recommend any?

Thanks

Online Travel Logbook - Keep track of your business travel

Thought you might all need to know that from the 1st of March 2010, all taxpayers who use their personal vehicles for business travel are required by SARS to complete a logbook separating business travel mileage from that of private travel mileage in order to claim travel expenses.

Pastel Payroll has launched an Online Travel Logbook to provide tax payers with an easy-to-use Online Travel logbook for this purpose. Visit http://www.pastelpayroll.co.za/Paste...el-Logbook.asp

Thanks
    Forgive me I am new to small biz in SA.
    My wifes small biz uses her car to travel to clients.
    Not too much maybe 100-200k per week.
    Is it worth it for us to track Ks in the log book and if so do we need to also keep receipts for fuel / tires / oil / etc.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtix View Post
    Is it worth it for us to track Ks in the log book and if so do we need to also keep receipts for fuel / tires / oil / etc.
    In a word - Yes.

When it comes to tracking costs, keeping a record of actual costs could help if they come in higher than the default allowances. Essentially it gives you more options.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast