Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error when opening c:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    You can pick up a virus from USB storage devices? Goodness! I usually put images I wish to be printed by a photoshop onto a "store 'n go" stick and hand it to the shop. What precautions should I be taking?
    Graeme,
    We have nod32 which seems to delete all the viruses on the memory sticks guys bring in. Most people don't believe me when I say their memory sticks had viruses. So I find nod 32 worth the money.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Graeme,
    We have nod32 which seems to delete all the viruses on the memory sticks guys bring in. Most people don't believe me when I say their memory sticks had viruses. So I find nod 32 worth the money.
    any active-scanning anti virus software should handle that. AVG will also pick up viruses as they attempt to begin transfer.

if anyone doesn't have an active-scanning anti virus, you can usually do a manual scan (right click device, Scan with 'specific antivirus name').
    if you do find something and it deletes, it's generally then good practice to do a complete PC scan to ensure none of the nasty blighters got through.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    You can pick up a virus from USB storage devices? Goodness! I usually put images I wish to be printed by a photoshop onto a "store 'n go" stick and hand it to the shop. What precautions should I be taking?
    I used to use AVG FREE Edition, but have found the updates to fiddle with the windows service packs. I now use Avast 4.8 Home. Its a great all rounder free anti-virus. *It updates automatically, and found a virus i had on my flash drive that PC Tools (Microsoft recommended) didn't pick up.

On the note "hand it to the shop" they should be running anti-virus already, unless they are ignorant to the dangers. Just like IanF you've GOT to have an antivirus if you handle lots of drives, who know what they might be carrying .
    once there was a man. the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12