I'm new to overclocking and since i recently upgraded from my E4500 to a E8500 i decided to try overclocking my old chip.
If i somehow make a huge blunder and fry it then its fine since it would end up stored away until i stumble upon it someday and by then it would be useless anyway.

Now i know there's a whole bunch of you who can't wait to tell me i should rather have bought a quad core. Shuddup. I bought this one coz it suited my budget.

So i've got a chip to fry but only one motherboard so i'm not going bananas and screw the whole thing up and preferably not the motherboard. I don't want to fry the cpu intentionally, just see how much juice i can squeeze out of it, but if it ends up dead i won't cry.

So i've got the following:
Foxconn 45CM-S
Intel Core2Duo E4500
2 x 1GB Hynix DDR2 667mhz
500GB HDD
360W PSU

So since im new to all this i wanted to start small and only increased the cpu clock from 200 to 220. I've read on the web that you don't need to bother with voltages if it not past 3.2Ghz. Since the 20mhz change i made would be a overall change of only 0.220ghz i decided to leave the voltages alone for now.

Problem is no matter what i do or change in the bios once it restarted there is no change. First i thought i didn't save the changes in the BIOS but i've done it over 8 times now, every time either hitting F10 but still, nothing. It's still on 2.2Ghz.

Could someone please inform me on what i did wrong, or forgot to do?

I've tried this with ratio free enabled and disabled, used Fox Intelligent Stepping 1, 2 and 3. as well as several more variations on this.

So please send some hints this way before i loose my cool and send it flying.