Thread: The Power of the intimidation Scam: This is a true story

Suspended
    Thanks

Question The Power of the intimidation Scam: This is a true story

Some may question my friendship ring by now. But here is one more for you. Another friend of mine is paying about R2000 to a debt collector for the following reason: In his previous employment he worked in the storeroom. Now the storeroom has two keys. One was entrusted to my friend and the other key was in the owner’s possession.

Then one day some stuff disappeared and my friend was held accountable for the loss of these goods. Now I am under the impression that all large companies must have insurance but I cannot say for sure if this stuff was insured.

A tribunal was held. The owner and his friends resided over this dispute and immediately my friend was found guilty by this tribunal and was ordered to sign a pace of paper that made him accountable or he would have lost his job. This was point blank the scenario. Fearing for his work he signed this document and started to pay of this massif amount of money.

Now when my friend found himself other work he still had to pay this amount every month. However the CCMA was never contacted, there was no Police officer present. My friend told me he was innocent and if he had the money he would do an independent lie-detector test but again it is expensive.

When he confronted his old boss his old boss told him to continue to pay or he will use everything in his financial power to make my friends life hell. Knowing that he is true to his word my friend just paid it off.

I have found that the CCMA is not so useful. Unions they have a deferent story they told me that my friend cannot ask for help on old cases if he becomes a member. Again power is stripped from the people and our government and there systems are defeated by lack of training, education and pure will power to do anything! Really They just sit there and take the taxpayer’s money.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These situations are pretty tough on both the boss and the employee, believe me.

Suspended
    Thanks

Unhappy The price of being cheap expendable labour.

Yes or so I am told. The thing is, to force someone to pay for stuff is one thing but to take more than half of a man’s earnings is criminal. But that is the price of being cheap expendable labour... You are cheap and expendable and none cares if you go down or not. Sink or swim that is life right...