Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gallery of rogues?

Thanks

Words may have a different meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I wonder if the ANC even understands what the moral high ground is any more. Corruption and entitlement has become so embedded into their psyche, they seem to think it is normal and somehow acceptable.
    I once played a computer game called Deus Ex. The "terrorists" fought for the very meaning of words. I thought this was an accurate prediction of today's media where words like terrorism, freedom, democracy and in SA, racism have very different meanings to the politicians that use them in the media than a dictionary.

As we know "democracy" means agreeing with the current regime. "Freedom" means invading other countries. "Racism" means as long as its black. Oh and "Traitor" somebody who speaks out against self-elected dictators and criminals.

Add some language issues and you're left with "Minister of health" directly translated back from Xhosa to "chief of witchcraft and sorcery".

I don't even know if I can actually speak English any more. Time to go back to school.

Thanks
    I wonder if the ANC even understands what the moral high ground is any more.
    Dave - Are you assuming there was an understanding to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Superscenic View Post
    As we know "democracy" means agreeing with the current regime.
    Now interesting subject this source and root of words thing.

All tell us that the word 'democracy' come from the Greek, meaning Demo = people and cracy from Kratos = power - 'people power'.

But I have a question - where does the word 'demon' come from....surly it's related - but there are lots of these demo's telling us that 'demon' comes from the Greek root meaning to 'divide' or 'wound' or from 'demos' meaning force. OK - so now if this is true, we can understand words like 'demolition', 'demonstrate' or even pandemonium' .

That makes sense - then why does the democracy word not fit in. Well it does if we apply it to governments that practice it.

Divide and rule - seems to about sum it up for me. Alongside the pandemonium that is being caused and the explosive scenarios that demonstrate this method of governance.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    I have just seen on TV that Shaik, Zuma's financial advisor who was jailed for 15 years for financial skulduggery, has been paroled. The point was made that the parole board's decision may not be contested - their word is final. Well, isn't that nice - after a long trial, and a high court judge has sentenced him, and his appeal has failed, some piddling government agency releases him. Just like that! Who decides the make-up of the parole board? Who makes the appointments to the board? Are the board members judges? We are entitled to know these things.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I understand the grounds are that he is terminally ill. Time will tell, I guess.

Thanks
    From what i got on that, Balfour came up with that conclusion, the way he said it (could be wrong). Guess he's a Doctor now. I love my country, be whatever you decide
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    At last... wonder what took so long? Doubt it was for his ability as a "people person" and attract more voters. In the article, they even say he has cost votes

The knives are out for firebrand African National Congress Youth League President Julius Malema, with members of the organisation's highest decision-making body and provincial structures planning to oust him after next Wednesday's election.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The funny part is I don't see Julius Malema as a rogue. In fact he is a pretty straight shooter.

Maybe that's the problem.

Thanks
    If they do oust Malema, can we ask the press to still quote him, we need the humour.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123