Thread: Marketing for Valentines Day

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Marketing for Valentines Day

Well, Valentines Day is just around the corner and I suppose it is time to think about what to get for my better half to make the day special.

How about this offer from Nuance:
    Dear Nuance customer,
    Is your partner a busy business professional, always running from the one thing to the other? It's a sign of the times - we're always busier, not just with work but also with the things we want to do with our spare time. We end up being occupied from dawn until bed time! Valentine is the time to remind ourselves of the value of our relationships, and let our partners know we love them and support them!

This year, instead of getting something you might not be using soon (massage oil, a nice evening dress, handcuffs...), help your partner create more time for you to be together! We've bundled a few of this year's handiest products together that are guaranteed to improve your partner's productivity, as well as make their work life more enjoyable.

There has never been a better time to buy Dragon NaturallySpeaking, because as a registered Nuance customer, you're invited to purchase Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred 10 today for just € 199 PLUS if you order now, you'll get the Olympus WS-300M (Pink Edition) AND two Pokens added onto your order for FREE*!

This offer is not available anywhere else and is only available until February 28th, 2009.
    Did someone change the date for Valentines Day and forget to tell me?

Anyway, do you think she'll like it?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

Anyway, do you think she'll like it?
    Dave, SERIOUS relationship-limiting move..............

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    But Nuance said....

Ok. I'm going to be boring and go with

Hopefully followed by a dose of massage oil and handcuffs

But getting serious for a moment, I can't make up my mind - Is this stupid advertising or sheer genius?

It also begs the question - What other products could you link to Valentines Day in such a bizarre way?

Gold Member
    Thanks
    bwahaha - no more than a laugh and a weak attempt at sales in my thinking.......BUT I may just remember their name.....simply because nuances and valentines day sort of go together.....

Other products?
    Shoe Polish - she can see the reflection of the face that so lovingly polished her shoes for years to come as it stays in her heart....
    Nail Polish - she can lovingly glance at her red talons that tear the...... *no no wrong thread*
    Furniture Polish - she can meditate and get in the mood before hubby comes home?
    Car Polish - she can apply to random cars at the busy intersection wearing hot shirts and skimpy shirt. Result equals huge traffic jam keeping all other suitors from being on time for Valentines day appointments. This in turn can boost the Nail Polish industry!
    Floor Polish - she can use this for lubrication purposes when shining the floor with her hubbys favourite sporting gear.... (only because she loves him so much and wants more time with him!)
    Last edited by Debbiedle; 13-Feb-09 at 08:25 AM.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook