Thread: We are experiencing unusually high call volumes!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are experiencing unusually high call volumes!

I'm sitting in a call centre queue to the Workmans Compensation Fund.

They have this message that kicks in after you've been in the queue for a while - "We are experiencing unusually high call volumes. Your call will be answered..."

I'm sorry to hear that. But you know, I've had to wait for hours for a call to be answered every time bar once over all the calls I've made to the department over the last four months.

So from my experience there's nothing unusual about the call volume and delay problem.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Yesterday the Dept of Manpower office - UIF queries in Kempton Park was turning people away just after lunch! and not permitting them to enter the office - security told my husband the only way he would get in was to be there at 6 in the morning!
    He might have been "bolshy"! due to my husbands irritation! who knows!
    He is trying to do a favor for our daughter who sent a change of address, never received anything, sent it again, and then gave up. Now she has left South Africa, leaving us with the nightmare of dealing with the UIF etc 2 years backpay!

My husband has just returned - Went to the Vehicle Registration Office -Kempton Park, sent to Edenvale - only the office in which the vehicle was originally registered, can accept the change in ownership!
    Insane!
    He gets there and the computers are down, have been for days!, are other branches on line? Dont know!
    This clerk confirms that this is the only office which can accept the change in ownership documents.

This cannot be true, imagine everyone buying a vehicle having to go back to the original office at which it was registered?
    But two of their clerks have told my husband the same thing!
    Thats an morning wasted! with not a single result.
    Argh!!!!!!!!!

As for Workmens compensation, no returns are being received by our company! I have to remember to obtain them and submit them myself.

Strange how it seems as if every department except the S.A.R.S. is fairly efficient.

Yvonne

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, at least when I finally got through it was all good news. The claim I was following up on had been captured and approved.