Poll: To get to my regular websites, I:

Thread: I feel lucky!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

I feel lucky!

Users of Google search will be familiar with the I Feel Lucky button which will take you directly to the first search result for your search term. This button was made famous when it returned George W. Bush on the search term failure.

Probably the most common use is when "searching" for a particular website. Rather than type in the URL or find it under Favourites in the browser, it seems lots of people just use Google. And quite often this works out fine.

But I'm absolutely amazed at the number of people who are contacting me after hitting the I Feel Lucky! button on the search term it34 - and absolutely amazed that their SARS username and password doesn't work on TFSA! Or maybe I've got it wrong - maybe I should be amazed that anyone is registered on SARS eFiling and not registered on TFSA yet

Anyhow, it got me thinking about human bahaviour and habits (which is always interesting, I reckon) and wondering how many people do use Google to find their regular websites rather than bookmarking the site as a favourite.

So please vote in the poll - and if you've got any great I feel Lucky stories, or you've got some other way of organising links to your favourite site, why not take a moment to share them in this thread.

ps. If you voted option 4, thanks for stopping by..
    Last edited by Dave A; 09-Feb-09 at 12:38 PM.