In any event the Internet is becoming more and more a tool but for most of us it is still just a toy. A fancy toy that cost a lot of money. Recently my friend got himself a 3g contract with our most illustrious communications company in South Africa to date; Vodacom.

It was fast to sign up and he got most of his stuff working within the hour. However after 3 months he requested that his cap be set on an amount so that it doesn’t go over that amount per month. They said everything was fine and he will be cut-off if he goes over his set cap with about a R100 or so.

Not bad! But then darkness gloomed over my friends face and he was as pale as if someone drained him from all his blood. He informed me that his bill was over R2000. Now according to Vodacom there was something suspect! And they will investigate!

However the R2000 + was taken from his account. Now one can argue and say “Yes he was careless!” I answer: If someone took time from his work to setup a set cap on his internet and has the responsibility to it properly how can you deem such a person careless?

So! Now my reason for posting this letter is to ask you... Did something like this ever happened to you or is it an isolated case?

Thank you for reading