read here

I honestly would have passed over this article, if it weren't for this gem of information:

"Since his return to Apple in 1997, the mercurial founder has resurrected Apple from the depths, reviving the Mac, changing the music industry with the introduction of the iPod and iTunes, and turning the mobile-phone industry on its head with the 2007 introduction of the iPhone. He is considered to be one of the most influential executives in the technology industry, if not in U.S. business itself; Barrons once estimated that Apple would lose between $16 billion and $20 billion in market capitalization on the day Jobs decides to leave Apple for good."
also look at the results of the poll. 25.8% (at the time I post this) said none of the mentioned execs should take over from him. That, in my opinion, is pretty intense. upon the public hearing this, apple stock dropped 8%.

my questions are this:
do the Apple devotees follow and buy Apple because of the actual items, or is it because of this (and I have no problem saying it, because I believe it is true) Legend?

and

What WILL happen to Apple when Steve Jobs leaves for good?