Last night at 11:50 there was an attempted burglary at my shop. The alarm went off and the first thing i did was phone the police station.
Now perhaps i should first describe our sweet little town to you all so that you might better understand why i'm so super pissed off at the moment.

It is very small with a population of less than a 2000.

Now, when i phone the cops it went something like this:
me: hi, my alarm system went off just now, could you come and have a look please?
Cop: What is your address?
Me: Its *123 Fake Street, the shops is CLVIC.(*Address changed)
Cop: Fake Street, where is that?
Me: Its the main road through the town.
Cop: .... Which one.
Me: ........ .......The only one.......
Cop: Ok stay there, i've sent a bakkie.

So i deactivated the siren & waited.
At 12:15 i started to wonder what happened (i can drive around the town and be back where i started within 10 minutes. The police station is exactly in the center of town so they should have been here by now.)
At 12:45 i started to

At 01:20 i heard a vehicle coming in one hell of a hurry, but from the wrong side. It was a police vehicle but one that probably came from the next town. There i stood in the middle of the street feeling pretty relieved that they are finally here when they drove hurriedly past.

I went and phoned the same cop who said: nooo, just stay there, they will be there very soon.
So i dragged my sleepy ass back outside.

When my watch said its now past two, i said fudge it, and went inside.

Considering that our police station have too many vehicles for such a small town i can think of no possible explanation as to why no-one came.
They have 6 vehicles. 4 "bakkies", 1 car and a minibus thingy that they apparently only use to get to other cities for training or whatever.
Based on their uselessness last night, i doubt that the minibus ever made it outside the town.