Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Police - How low can they go?

Thanks

Police - How low can they go?

Last night at 11:50 there was an attempted burglary at my shop. The alarm went off and the first thing i did was phone the police station.
    Now perhaps i should first describe our sweet little town to you all so that you might better understand why i'm so super pissed off at the moment.

It is very small with a population of less than a 2000.

Now, when i phone the cops it went something like this:
    me: hi, my alarm system went off just now, could you come and have a look please?
    Cop: What is your address?
    Me: Its *123 Fake Street, the shops is CLVIC.(*Address changed)
    Cop: Fake Street, where is that?
    Me: Its the main road through the town.
    Cop: .... Which one.
    Me: ........ .......The only one.......
    Cop: Ok stay there, i've sent a bakkie.

So i deactivated the siren & waited.
    At 12:15 i started to wonder what happened (i can drive around the town and be back where i started within 10 minutes. The police station is exactly in the center of town so they should have been here by now.)
    At 12:45 i started to

At 01:20 i heard a vehicle coming in one hell of a hurry, but from the wrong side. It was a police vehicle but one that probably came from the next town. There i stood in the middle of the street feeling pretty relieved that they are finally here when they drove hurriedly past.

I went and phoned the same cop who said: nooo, just stay there, they will be there very soon.
    So i dragged my sleepy ass back outside.

When my watch said its now past two, i said fudge it, and went inside.

Considering that our police station have too many vehicles for such a small town i can think of no possible explanation as to why no-one came.
    They have 6 vehicles. 4 "bakkies", 1 car and a minibus thingy that they apparently only use to get to other cities for training or whatever.
    Based on their uselessness last night, i doubt that the minibus ever made it outside the town.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    If the police don't arrive at the scene within at least 20min then whats the use. They might as well stay away.
    The burglars were in bed long before i was.

I hope they try to rob me again. This time:

It would be an interesting experiment to tell the cops i've just killed two guys, my cars loaded and i'm driving within the next three minutes to dispose of their bodies. That may get a reaction but they're probably not bothered either way.

Whats really ironic is that the cops are at my shop at least twice a week.
    What happens is that some mentally challenged turd from the police station in Graaff Reinet fax to me stuff that was intended for our police station.
    But they always get the last two digits wrong and it ends up with me.
    Since they pay me for the faxes it didn't bother me. (although i phoned and faxed them numerous times stating that its the wrong darn number, it didn't help.)

My point is that surely they should know by now where my shop is.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd be visiting the station commander and requesting an explanation as to exactly what went wrong. Also, is there a small newspaper that serves the area? No-one enjoys being dissed in the local rag in a small town.

Thanks
    I've got an appointment for 9:00.

Newspaper? No, there has been two attempts but the first crumbled and the second one was going strong until the wife found that the guy's been cheating and shot him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It'll be interesting to hear the station commander's response.

Small towns are different. Everything is so personal so it is tougher to just sweep things under the carpet of relative anonymity.

Thanks
    The appointment for yesterday was a total waste of time.
    "Sorry he's in a meeting. Bla Bla Bla"

When i phoned the third time and she said she will phone me when he is available i stripped my moer and almost barged through. But since i know where the station commander lives (small town) i paid him a visit last night.

He assured me he would get to the bottom of it and since he is only been here three weeks and haven't been infected with laziness like the other &%$#, i'll give him a chance.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Small town sickness is what it is,i had moved recently and was very unfortunate that the so called affirmative purchasers had visited me ,the saps eventually came the next day,took my statement,and informed me that they are not sure if they will be able to do anything for me,but will keep me informed.the town is to small to mention,hunt me down ,get my drift

Suspended
    Thanks
    Here where I lived I had this problem with my neighbour. See he drink too much and then start hitting his dog his wife and subsequently the child will follow. Well about 10:40 PM he started with his music and the party got underway. At round about 1:00 AM I heard a woman crying and screaming begging her husband to stop. I walked outside and saw she was in a bad way. So I got back to my house called the cops and told them there is a domestic dispute. They never came. The worst of it is a cop lives right next to them! And one is living across from him. Yes I am not joking... they live literally next to me!

So at 2:00 AM I called the cops again and warned them that I am taking the law into my own hands and that I am armed. It was about 10 minutes and the cops stopped at my neighbour’s house. The child and wife was moved and the husband arrested. The bastard got off with a warning! The girl’s face was bleeding and her young child a little girl of about ten had a blue eye!

It went well for a month and then the music stated up again and he got drunk. Knowing what to expect I called the cops early and told them there is going to be trouble. Again no response. I got my shotgun and stepped outside.

Took my mobile and phoned the cops and asked them if they can hear the screaming trough my phone. I told them what I did last time and they came out. Again the poor girl and her mother suffered the bitter wrath of her husband.

Only this time she moved back to her parents and the bastard got charged. But again he only got the minimum in the form of a R10000 fine. Justice was never done.

However it is of note that one of the cops told me if he tries something like this again he will go to jail for no less than 5 years. Needless to say I am counting the days till my next call. This man is a monster to his wife and child and the law failed them.

Thanks
    They've caught them! Based on the shoe sizes and marks i'm confident that the same kids who tried to rob me are now behind bars, only to be released shortly. One is nine, the other one 11. They are also suspected to be responsible for robbing 2 general stores, a hardware store(they only stole glue), 'n tuisnywerheid asook ten minste 4 huise. By die een huis het hulle 11 hane gesteel teen R 400 elk.

No one knows where they stash their loot, the police already checked their homes. They were caught with some clothes and two chickens.
    They could have stolen the crown jewels and still be home for dinner since our law is on their side.

Lat hulle kom, ek't 'n splinternuwe seekoei sambok.

Thanks
    I started my police career in Ellisras in the early '91. Now that could also have been considered a small town although much bigger than 2000. If there was a crime during nightshift we were all excited because there were some action! We rarely had any action but when there was some we were in full action. How did times change?
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast