Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police - How low can they go?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscythe12332 View Post
    death penalty would clear out the full prisons, that's for sure. But then again, the finality of death would mean if there is a mistake in the charge (or some corrupt higher up just puts your name down), whoops how do you take it back?
    One might begin by not pissing off those higher up. Be careful because the toes you step on today might be connected to the ass you would have to kiss tomorrow.

as for corporal punishment, I'd say it has very visible results. it goes back to when the first caveman discovered fire and tried to pick up the branch and got his hand burnt. pain = no , shouldn't do that.
    look at american kids today. they're "smart." if you try hit them, they "will phone childline. and you will go away for a very long time." nevermind that will mean they get put in another house, but hey.
    I can't help but remember the south park episode where "super nanny" is tasked with turning eric cartman into a normal child. in the end she's pretty much cracked.
    but then on the other hand, giving the power to someone irresponsible, telling them it's okay to hit the child "as punishment" can have some pretty dire consequences.
    I don't know. My parents beat the crap out of me(with good reason) and i would think i turned out OK. But there might be some who think i turned out worse. But it definitely helps to discipline the kids. It helps to shift the power from the kids to where it should be, the parents.

anywho, onto the topic of police. along umhlanga rocks drive, the number of police cars and vans that I see have quite possibly tripled. and not just the old ones. seen a few new corollas, isuzu double cabs, a few RunX... anyone else seen a pick-up in visual activity?
    I certainly hope that its going to help. What might also help is a higher salary for our policemen. Perhaps then they won't be as easily bribed.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loman View Post
    I certainly hope that its going to help. What might also help is a higher salary for our policemen. Perhaps then they won't be as easily bribed.
    don't say that! how will I get out of those big speeding fines

jokes aside, the visual impact of seeing them does cause people to slow down. when they're going in the same direction, es people have slowed to just crawl past the police car or they will stick behind it. so I do believe it is having a slight, if not permanent effect.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    anywho, onto the topic of police. along umhlanga rocks drive, the number of police cars and vans that I see have quite possibly tripled. and not just the old ones. seen a few new corollas, isuzu double cabs, a few RunX... anyone else seen a pick-up in visual activity?
    The question is whether they're doing any policing, or simply on there way to or from shopping at Gateway? When I watched a taxi going through a red traffic light by weaving around the police car already stopped and waiting for the signal to turn green again, I had to wonder why they've got vehicles at all.

Thanks
    considering this is at about 7 to 7:20 in the morning, I don't think gateway is open then =P

Email problem
    Thanks
    Surly in this time and age, of modern techno and mind boggling brainiest people out there. we as the human race should have realised that to control the human race one needs to be resilient ,surely we by now should be able to understand that not all of us can be moulded in model citizens by word of mouth,but by action only .If i take in to consideration all the Power a Gangster/Mafia Boss or what ever they liked to be revered to has over his gangster family ??!! and stay in power,like certain Dictators has for many years ,is it not time to come up with a plan to measure's each case on merits and then take the appropriate measures.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I certainly agree that corporal punishment should be brought back,but in a controlled environment ,for example a parent,school principal meeting board room with a legal overseer and a medic,thus taking the fear of child abuse by over controlling parents/educators away ,just a thought

Thanks
    I wonder how long it would take, and how much it would cost, for a legal overseer AND a medic to be around for a simple spanking...

Thanks
    Actually a really good idea although i wouldn't go as far as a medic etc but to have a hearing "teacher / parent" which happens now anyway. - Difficult to call abuse then
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

9. Thanks given for this post:

reuben (02-Apr-09)

Thanks
    That is true. But what happens if the parent doesn't give consent? or even worse, the teacher gets an "I'm busy *click*" when phoning the parent.

Thanks
    I know many that wouldn't agree! However i probably would under most circumstances and so would many. The shame about this thread is either way, unlikely to ever come about based on constitutional rights... the same one that protects many innocent but equally the guilty..
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast