Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police - How low can they go?

Thanks
    Without being to direct, i think what changed is you used to be excited about the action and had something to do. Now it's more a case of they still get excited cause they know some cash is coming as the payoff? My experiences with the station in our area lead me to believe exactly that - not all of them, but a good majority unfortunately.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    I've no idea what the gov is going to do to bring crime down, personally i'd start with reinstating the death penalty.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Phew.. Now theres a topic! I agree.. bring it back and for a host of reasons. As for getting rid of crime, i really don't ever envy anyone given that task. Stamping out the corruption in government an absolute must - but who has the guts. Getting the taxis in line. As minor (some would say major) as it might appear, how can ANYONE respect the law with what goes on daily. And the police force itself. In a "simple" nutshell that would be a pretty good start for me. Top, bottom and middle
    Garth

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Juvenile crime is also a tough nut nowadays.

Bring back corporal punishment?

Thanks
    I reckon. There is a lot that starts there. Gangster type setups etc. A wacking every week with me didn't hurt me. The opinion is that it breeds violence! Well i think it's safe to say that violence is now out of control and we had a lot less violence in the days of a thrashing. Bring back wackings!
    Garth

Thanks
    Definitely.
    It seems we need violence to control violence. But as long as it would ensure a better SA for us all, i'm for it.

I wonder how many years it'll take to restore SA to the state it was in before our Gov screwed it all up. And they only achieved that in a few years. but i guess its a lot faster to bump the table and smash the vase than it'll take gluing it back together again.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Oh man, what a douche.
    One of the shop owners who got robbed by these kids installed four cctv cameras in november. And paid R 1900 for the four dummy cams. I'll have to quote Stan March.
    "I'm nominating you for the biggest douche in the universe award, you stupid douche."
    A black & white cam can be about R 280 and a black day night cam for R 600.

Why spend so much on something that just look like its working while for a couple bucks more you could get the real thing?

There was a special mid 2008 with 4 black & white cameras, multiplexer and monitor. All for only R 1500. What a douche.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Teaching the children that it is okay to steel and you will be home before sunset regardless of being picked up by the cops. Yes this is real education in practise.

Thanks
    i've made a couple of copies for our primary school for their exam. One whole section was about thieves and how much money they stole; people being tied up, stuff like that.
    Where is it going to end?

Thanks
    death penalty would clear out the full prisons, that's for sure. But then again, the finality of death would mean if there is a mistake in the charge (or some corrupt higher up just puts your name down), whoops how do you take it back?
    as for corporal punishment, I'd say it has very visible results. it goes back to when the first caveman discovered fire and tried to pick up the branch and got his hand burnt. pain = no , shouldn't do that.
    look at american kids today. they're "smart." if you try hit them, they "will phone childline. and you will go away for a very long time." nevermind that will mean they get put in another house, but hey.
    I can't help but remember the south park episode where "super nanny" is tasked with turning eric cartman into a normal child. in the end she's pretty much cracked.
    but then on the other hand, giving the power to someone irresponsible, telling them it's okay to hit the child "as punishment" can have some pretty dire consequences.

anywho, onto the topic of police. along umhlanga rocks drive, the number of police cars and vans that I see have quite possibly tripled. and not just the old ones. seen a few new corollas, isuzu double cabs, a few RunX... anyone else seen a pick-up in visual activity?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast