• Terror Lekota

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFSA newsmaker of the year 2008

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Can we have another poll - biggest arsehole of the year and then a separate one of best in the west. Ok so the first list is going to be endless but the second should be quick.

What should make this interesting is that we haven't set criteria/judging rules.

Is it the person who was the cause of the most copy overall, or the person who caused the biggest story.

So it's up to you. All you've got is "newsmaker." To some extent this is a reflection of ourselves as much as the candidates, which probably explains the current frontrunner in the poll so far

Thanks
    Is it the person who was the cause of the most copy overall, or the person who caused the biggest story.
    I added the person who's story will still be alive next year as well. Its easy to get into the news but the reason is the main point for me and if its the right reason (for me) the story will follow and have a long standing interest relationship with the readers/viewers. Fly by night Aholes who 'make news' through sensationalism or by playing the continual victim, do not get a rating in my points system.

I think so far the result here shows the same thoughts.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    I see the DA are also voting for the arsehole of the year award......You must get Zille to vote for your newsmaker of the year award, Dave. It seems they have a fancy system that gives .67 scores - But then it is obviously flawed to have found even a score of 1 for the individuals listed below and an overall score of 4.67, shows the DA must have been having a tik party when they did this. I prefer our voting system with an either you're in or your are out vote. Much easier, especially when you have so many potential customers.

On a scale from one to 10, government ministers scored an "unsatisfactory" 4.67 this year, according to the Democratic Alliance's annual Cabinet Report Card.

"The DA believes the Cabinet failed to pass muster in 2008 but performed, on balance, marginally better than in 2007," DA leader Helen Zille told a media briefing at Parliament on Wednesday.

Last year, the Cabinet scored 4.33 on the same scale.

The three worst performers listed in the document are Communications Minister Ivy Matsepe-Casaburri, Correctional Services Minister Ngconde Balfour and Home Affairs Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula, who all scored one.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12