Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CISS - Continuous Ink Supply System

Thanks

CISS - Continuous Ink Supply System

I'm in need of a new printer but recently heard about CISS.
    I would really like my new printer to be compatible with a CISS, no matter what make or model.
    I've googled it but the only ones i have found were in china.

Is there any such system available in south africa?
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loman View Post
    I'm in need of a new printer but recently heard about CISS.
    I would really like my new printer to be compatible with a CISS, no matter what make or model.
    I've googled it but the only ones i have found were in china.

Is there any such system available in south africa?
    Loman
    There was a company I think it was TSE. I will see if I still have the bumpf on it at work, but it is probably gone. Anyway that worked with EPSON printers. But for cost effective printing Laser is the way to go. Get a black for bulk printing and colour for colour printing. Total cost of ownership is cheaper if you do a fair amount of printing and not as frustrating.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Loman
    But for cost effective printing Laser is the way to go. Get a black for bulk printing and colour for colour printing. Total cost of ownership is cheaper if you do a fair amount of printing and not as frustrating.
    Only problem is that a lot of my printing need to be on glossy paper and the last printer i had (epson C1100) didn't do it very well. I've got a Epson R270 at the moment doing it but i'd really like a CISS to bring the costs down. Even if i have to buy another printer to use one.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks

Printhead Cleaning

I've given up hope of ever finding such a system in south africa. There are several available in China but getting them here would be too frustrating.

Anyone have a Epson inkjet printer? Or any inkjet printer? Then chances are you have had the exact experience i had with my R290 recently.

The R290 have 6 printheads and therefore 6 cartridges. I've had a very severe clog in my cyan printhead and had to do 6 head cleanings & nozzle checks before the problem was solved. But doing so i used almost 9 cartridges of ink. Thats over R 1000 of ink wasted on a darn clogged nozzle. I used it frequently, at least twice a day. Thats why i can't understand why it clogged. It should normally only clog's after 3 - 7 days of not printing anything.

Now id like to know if anyone know of a program that can clean just one or two printheads at a time instead of all of 'em. I found a program that can clean just the black and just the colour but with 5 colour cartridges its still wasteful.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Clogging and scrubbing routines are such a PITA with inkjets. I've gone laser with everything to avoid the problem. So now I just b*tch about the toner costs

Thanks
    Anyone have a Epson inkjet printer? Or any inkjet printer? Then chances are you have had the exact experience i had with my R290 recently.
    Loman
    I recently bought a CX4300 epson for home use. It is cheap and uses separate cartridges. No clogging yet and it has a scanner as well. Long term laser printing is the cheapest and they are getting cheaper with no clogging. But if you use them a lot you will need a service. I always suggest a B/W laser then go to a print shop for colour prints and bulk printing. If you do a lot of colour then get a colour laser.

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up Continuous Ink Systems for Epson printers

Hey guys, the CIS are a very handy and great piece of equipment no matter what country you are in because ink is very expensive everywhere.

I have alot of personal experience with epson printers and can provide codes which are useful when the in built timer runs out and comes up with the message "ERROR: Some of the components need repair or replaceing" Epson do this for extra money and you can put in a code and by pass it.

I can supply any of you guys with ink systems for most epson printers and also which is very helpfull when you have an CIS is a Waste ink tank which is used for when you to a nozzle clean or switch the printer on and off as this forces a nozzle clean everytime wasting alot of ink (Never switch of the printer).

I also can provide the software for doing individual nozzle cleans so if the black is blocked you can pump through just the black. However the is a better way of cleaning nozzles with a CIS and is pretty instant.

If anybody is interested then please PM me.

If you are in Jo'Burg then I can meet you.
    Last edited by duncan drennan; 23-Dec-08 at 11:14 PM. Reason: removed email address

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d.manns View Post
    I also can provide the software for doing individual nozzle cleans so if the black is blocked you can pump through just the black. However the is a better way of cleaning nozzles with a CIS and is pretty instant.
    I've found this one??
    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    But it only gives you the option of cleaning the black cartridge or all of the colour ones.
    It can reset all the timers & the chip as well.

Is the software you use available for DL on the web? Or is it small enough to email it to me?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Loman
    I recently bought a CX4300 epson for home use. It is cheap and uses separate cartridges. No clogging yet and it has a scanner as well. Long term laser printing is the cheapest and they are getting cheaper with no clogging. But if you use them a lot you will need a service. I always suggest a B/W laser then go to a print shop for colour prints and bulk printing. If you do a lot of colour then get a colour laser.
    Can a laser print on glossy paper? The epson C1100 i had couldn't but if there is one available, id definitely try it.

Thanks
    Can a laser print on glossy paper? The epson C1100 i had couldn't but if there is one available, id definitely try it.
    Loman
    A laser printer can print on gloss, you need a paper certified for laser. Normal gloss delaminates on a laser. You get a xerox paper made specially for gloss. We use hansol Hi-q gloss, but you need to test it printing at least 20 at once to get the fuser hot. The paper made for colour copiers is a semi gloss and gives the best looking print for a laser.

11. Thank given for this post:

duncan drennan (02-Jan-09), Loman (26-Dec-08)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast