Thread: Please Test: iThank.co.za

Thanks

Please Test: iThank.co.za

I had the idea, recently, to make giving thanks, on a daily basis, an easy thing to do. Part of the idea is to remind myself of past things I've been thankful for. I've noticed that when I do this right, life feels just peachy

So, with a friend's help (he did the coding yesterday, I made it pretty today), we present to you:

www.iThank.co.za

Please test it and let me know your thoughts. It's very straight-forward without bells and whistles on purpose.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    *bump*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    *bump*

It's pretty.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Norri, I went back to take another look, hoping to get more excited about the site once there was content to look at. The only clue that there even is content or at least some people have found this worthwhile is the stat line at the bottom, and you've really got to look for it.

I'd be inclined to make those stats more prominent.

Normally I'm not excited about websites drawing attention to stats unless they are genuinely useful to the reader. My reasoning is that site stats are more likely to do harm than good in most instances. But in this case I'd say without obvious content on show it is about your only credibility tool at the moment.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Norri (04-Nov-08)

Thanks
    Dave, the site's been a whole lot more successful than we'd planned so we're now working on Version 2 which will be built on the much more robust foundation of Drupal 6.

New features will include better image handling, profile pictures, easily seeing other folks' public thanks, copying other people's thanks for your own profile, a library of pics to choose from when creating your own thanks (money, cars, holiday pics, etc)

Along with a blog covering gratitude and how to be thankful in a way that helps you attract new stuff, etc.

So, in short, we're working on it buddy We just also need to balance this with the stuff that's currently feeding us :P

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    We just also need to balance this with the stuff that's currently feeding us :P
    Do I ever know what you mean, particularly just at the moment.

Thanks
    Great idea!!!

Will hopefully get people a bit more positive and motivated in general.

Content content content.... You need to show visitors to the site what is in the site, and I would suggest a different look and feel. Don't take me wrong, the site really looks good, but gives the impression that you must be very humble, etc. to feel part of it.

A slightly more extroverted look and feel will work wonders, and will let more people be at ease when expressing their gratitude and telling us what they're thankful for. The overwhelming white let's one feel like it is a sanctuary ("land van verworpenes") or the like.

Are you going to add a section on personal finances? I'd love to include something like iThank.co.za in one of my websites that deals with personal debt. Let me know if you'd be interested?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
    Great idea!!!
    Thanks kindly

Will hopefully get people a bit more positive and motivated in general.
    We hope so too!

Content content content.... You need to show visitors to the site what is in the site, and I would suggest a different look and feel. Don't take me wrong, the site really looks good, but gives the impression that you must be very humble, etc. to feel part of it.
    Coming soon, coming soon The design will take longer as I slapped that one together and, to get a professional one done, will cost us bucks. I try to stick to keeping things lean until something can pay for itself.

A slightly more extroverted look and feel will work wonders, and will let more people be at ease when expressing their gratitude and telling us what they're thankful for. The overwhelming white let's one feel like it is a sanctuary ("land van verworpenes") or the like.
    Will keep that in mind, thank you

Are you going to add a section on personal finances? I'd love to include something like iThank.co.za in one of my websites that deals with personal debt. Let me know if you'd be interested?
    How do you mean? What do you think should go in that section?

Thanks
    Thanks kindly

How do you mean? What do you think should go in that section?
    I think in the tough times people find themselves in, many are thankful for something that relates to their personal finances. Things like an unexpected cheque in the mail, a letter from Old Mutual telling them they're entitled to some money, RAF claim being finalised, etc.

I like the changes to your homepage, immediately tells a visitor what the site is about. With "The Secret" and similar things being so popular, your site will do well - no doubt about it!

Thanks
    I think in the tough times people find themselves in, many are thankful for something that relates to their personal finances. Things like an unexpected cheque in the mail, a letter from Old Mutual telling them they're entitled to some money, RAF claim being finalised, etc.

I like the changes to your homepage, immediately tells a visitor what the site is about. With "The Secret" and similar things being so popular, your site will do well - no doubt about it!
    Hi Charles People can already be thankful for monetary gains in their life. In fact, there's no limit on what you can thank for, and I'm busy using it for monetary stuff as well.

The main thing would be to have pre-existing pics people can use and the pics should cover money, success, etc. Right?