Thread: Payroll In House vs. Outsource

Suspended
    Thanks

Payroll In House vs. Outsource

Where to go? What to do? Who or what to use? Do you have your HR and Payroll in house or do you Outsource. What is your opinion on future decisions and opinion regarding this matter?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is there a real saving in outsourcing the payroll function?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Is there a real saving in outsourcing the payroll function?
    I have been in business for a total of 39 years and still believe that doing payroll in house is the best way to go. If something goes wrong ( and it will ! ) you can take steps to solve this immediately instead of waiting for the outsource company to fix the problem "when they have the time".
    I have used various programs in the past and have found the latest one by Mirror Payroll (http://www.mirrorsa.co.za). to be very easy to use. I used Pastel Payroll before but like their accounting package, full of nonsense !
    If my memory serves me right I pay in the order of +- R 800 p/a for license fees for the Mirror package and as a bonus one gets personal attention in case of a problem. It takes us less than 20 minutes to do a wages run for 10 people. Salaries even less !
    So, the question still remains, but for me: In house !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (27-Oct-08)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I have used various programs in the past and have found the latest one by Mirror Payroll (http://www.mirrorsa.co.za). to be very easy to use.
    Are any other members of the forum using this payroll software?

Martin: Is the program linked to your accounting software? or can it be completely stand alone.

Does it give you all the information you require for the e@asyfile EMP501 reconciliation? for example the relevant incomes and deduction amounts together with the correct Codes for the IRP5 forms?
    What I should really ask, is does it provide an IRP5 or is it a very "simple" program which still needs professional assistance to complete the end of year returns?

Yvonne

Thanks
    Hi Yvonne,

Totally stand alone and does the complete job. It can be put on a server as well and be accessed by multi users. ( I separated my wages and salaries and gets done by different people.) Gives IRP5's and all the reports required to reconcile your books and even has the facility to put info on disk and supply direct to SARS. ( I do not use this as I submit on Easyfiling )
    If you are interested , speak to Christo Lessing at 082 926 3626. He would most likely be able to answer your questions much better than I but I am happy with his program. ( and price ) His license has gone up since last year but still worth while and you get personal assistance from him. If I remember correctly, he gave me a trail period free of charge and obviously the proof of the pudding is in the eating !( Whole program can be downloaded.)
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

7. Thanks given for this post:

Yvonne (12-May-09)

Thanks
    Hi Yvonne

A rather late reply but Pastel Payroll offers both excellent easy to use software with excellent telephonic support and a Payroll Outsoucing service if you would like a Proffesional Payroll administrator to handle your Payroll function.

Pastel Payroll can be setup to function as a standalone application or multiuser network. If you are using Pastel Partner Accounting integration between the 2 can be setup.Onsite consultations are also available.

Remember when choosing a software package do some research on the reliability of the software. Pastel Payroll has been in the market for a number of years and is compliant with SARS latest legislative changes for the coming Tax Year End.

If you would like a quote on the outsourcing services please email

dalton.colledge@Pastelpayroll.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks

whether you are looking for the bigger or small one but payroll is the thing which should be carefully handled..i have a small construction company and i am using a job costing software for that and it has really given me a satisfaction..you can visit
    *my spammy link*
    to see whether they the solution you are looking for..
    Last edited by Dave A; 20-Jan-10 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan1066 View Post
    i have a small construction company and..
    BS walks around here.

Thanks
    I see sage sell this product for about $4000 a single seat in the excited states designed for the excited states. One would need to have a slightly bigger than small construction company to justify this product and be over there I would imagine.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Hi there,

I would hope that companies will change their mind set to rather go with oursoucing their payroll! Especially small companies who cannot afford the payroll software and does not have the time to figure out all the laws and tax issues.

Why not rather outsource your payroll function and have peace of mind?!

I am using Pastel Payroll and would recommend them to any one who asks.