Poll: What is a fair price for my Facebook advertising seminar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Facebook Advertising Seminar

Thanks

Possible Facebook Advertising Seminar

I've stumbled onto an online opportunity and the people who I've shared this knowledge with seem to think that it's worth sharing with the masses at a premium.

Essentially, I've found a way to spend R700 and get a LOT of online leads. My guitar forum, as an example, has more than trebled in members since I started this.

There are certain things that work and certain things that just don't. I've figured out most of that and keep on getting really good results, to the point that I now offer my clients lead-generation services where I set up a lead-form and a Facebook campaign for them and basically out-perform every other form of advertising they've ever tried.

Would you guys be interested in a Joburg/Pretoria seminar covering everything I've learned about this? What would you be prepared to pay for such a seminar and what (physical stuff) would you like to take away with you?

PS: This is not about social networking, this is about paying X amount of money for actual advertising without breaking the bank and while getting leads that actually cover your advertising expenses.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    I've worked out the skeleton for this seminar and we're looking at 2 hours, 2 1/2 hours if we include a short break for tea/coffee/biscuits.

The idea is for this to be a relatively short, focused, effective seminar with a real ACTION plan you can go home with and implement.

I'd like to have a few of these types of seminars that I run with REAL results that I've personally been involved with and REAL steps YOU can take to get the same thing. I love the idea of people succeeding from something I've given/taught them, so I'd likely be following Sean D'Souza recipe for presenting an effective seminar / course.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A tough call as to how much to charge. I'd be gentle at first - a launch special as it were. I expect a big factor is cost of venue.

Thanks
    While I want to attract people to attend, I also don't want to undersell myself and this strategy which, I believe, is not being used by many South Africans at all and, I know, has the potential to really launch some people's businesses into healthy profits.

Something Lerynne Verster (an ex-teacher and current-web-marketer) recommended is to price the seminar according to its value. ie: Don't price it too cheaply or people won't realise the value of the information being presented.

She also recommended to keep each class under 30 in order to really reach everyone and I think both suggestions are worth gold.

So I'm thinking of doing an early-bird offer where you can save R100 off the usual price for booking early. This can also help me get funds together to pay for the venue before I actually do the presentation.

The current price I'm looking at (based on results in a poll on a different forum) is R500. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Personally, my problem is that I don't see Facebook advertising as a fit for the nature of my business. Now I could easily be wrong, but as long as I hold that perception I can't justify the spend on going to a workshop/training session/seminar on the subject.

To me that is the hurdle that needs to be overcome in this. The question of "Is it relevant/viable for my business" has to be answered before I (and probably many others) are going to haul out the chequebook.

Thanks
    Thanks Dave,

That's very useful insight. I'm going to give it some serious thought.

Part of the opportunity in Facebook that I think a lot of people are missing is that there are a lot of small business owners, CEOs, directors, managers and so on on there. A lot of people assume it's just a bunch of kids but they're sorely mistaken. The question is, of course, how do I communicate that effectively.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norri View Post
    That's very useful insight.
    I try - It's not to criticise or put your idea down - It's to help you refine your offering.

8. Thanks given for this post:

Norri (10-Oct-08)

Thanks
    Hi Norio, I would be interested but I am in Cape Town.

I did have my personal profile up on Facebook but ... hmm ... not sure if I want it so decidely out there. However, I would be interested in setting up a Facebook group - primarily as a source for getting DIY articles for my website. Is this the sort of thing one could do with Facebook? I must confess I did not explore all the possibilities of Facebook it just seemed so full of widgets and gadgets and extraneous stuff - that it pretty much drove me crazy as well.

A~

Thanks
    Howdy Ann

The seminar I'm going to present is purely advertising-related. Not Web2.0 at all.

What you're talking about is very Web2.0 where you're building a community around your brand/product/service/industry and using it to fuel your site/sales/etc and it's all based on user-contributions.

Facebook is very powerful for something like that but there are some magic tricks you need. One you could use is, simply, advertising your group. Once you get a decent number of folk using it daily, it starts to grow itself. That's your ultimate goal.

Having a large network of friends and associates to help you grow your group and get it going in the beginning also helps.

Having a mailing list helps stacks.

All in all, unless you're doing something completely new, you can struggle with using Web2.0 to your advantage. It's not really a set-and-forget strategy, it's something you must be prepared to spend energy and time on at least daily.

Your DIY site is perfect for Facebook advertising, though, as it's something people have a genuine interest in. People do it as part of their lifestyle, as a hobby, etc. Like my guitar forum, you can do very well with your site. Maybe you can buy the video of my seminar when it comes out.

Thanks
    Thanks for that info and encouragement, Norio - I did check out your guitar forum the other day as well, you've done a fab job.

When you talk about Facebook advertising though, do you mean actually advertising ON Facebook?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast