Thread: service pack 3

Suspended
    Thanks

service pack 3

anyon else having problems with telkom adsl when you computer upgrades to xp service pack 3...i contacted telkom adsl help and they advised me that the only solution is to remove service pack 3 from computer...need advice before i remove service pack.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i am glad i didnt remove service pack 3 because i see my laptop has service pack 3 and it works...what now anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this issue...i can see the modem i indicates that i am connected but you cannot access the internet.

i suppose it was an easy out for the telkom help desk...it is f*** disgusting the support from telkom....you wait for nearly an hour for them to answer the call then hey shurk you off with a pathetic reply like i must remove xp service pack 3...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Murdock, try doing a restart before you play with any other settings. As each of our computers have updated with SP3, they've gone through a buggy patch until the next restart.

Suspended
    Thanks
    did restart...test modem indicated ok...control panel network connected...go to telkom 10.0.0.3 it goes through...just wont allow me to surf the net...but it works wireless on laptop now... i had a similar problem with the laptop but after 3 calls using different people at the helpdesk at telkom i finally got someone to sort it out maybe thats the route i will have to take...the problem is the wait for them to answer your call...

Suspended
    Thanks
    i contacted telkom this morning spoke to the help desk again but a different person...well i havent removed service pack 3...i just had to reset my protocal settings.

all you do is go to start...control panel...network connections...local area connection...right click...properties...internet protocol and reset to the telkoms numbers given by telkom... and walla you are connected...if this doesnt work take the computer and throw it on the floor it will make you feel better

6. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (02-Oct-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If it was all working fine before the SP3 update, it's wierd that it became a problem as a result of the update.

Suspended
    Thanks
    when i restarted the computer it would not connect to the internet...the same thing happened with my laptop...but its sorted now.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Had the same problem, just did a system restore to before SP3 was installed and then turned off automatic updates. Problem solved... if you could call it that.

Thanks
    I've installed service pack 3 on my laptop and it worked fine, but when i installed it on my desktop pc and restarted it, it ended up in a continuous circle of restarting.

Luckily a reparation of XP did the trick and i didn't have to format and reinstall.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me as to what the problem could be as it did word on my laptop. Is it even worth the hassle upgrading to SP3?