Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haltrex Systems Scam?

Thanks

Haltrex Systems Scam?

Has anyone encountered the issues with Haltrex Systems.

They seem to send out cartridges "sell" over the phone - so you don't have a contract with them just try their products for 30 days.

Then send you the invoice for those products they sent you to your post and say that the invoices it is a binding contract to continue buying if you pay them for the first cartridges.

The problem is that you did not have a contract with them because they sold you over the phone and never told you of this so called contract.

So if you pay them, you have a contract if you don't they sue you for not paying. So, as a consumer you are screwed anyway once they send you the ink.

Then they keep sending and you send back the ink, and they keep sending and you send back the ink, and they keep sending and then they start treating you to sue you if you don't order from them.

Anyone know about this?

2. Thank given for this post:

AttaN (04-Mar-09), Chatmaster (29-Sep-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    All that is missing is an integrated surety against whomever signs the delivery note!

Pretty sharp practice.

Thanks
    But no one signs any delivery form because it is sent often to a POB.

I heard this from a few people and saw now complaint on hellopeter and several months ago in one of our businesses we tried their products and got stuck with the same problem.

Is no one aware of this at large yet?

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up.

I think just let them sue. Send them back their cartridge and a no thank you letter.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Karen

You situation with them appears to be a carbon copy of ours... when we sent back stock not ordered they tried to redeliver saying it was already paid for and account was in credit... I know that this is not the case as I do the accounts!!! He lied to our Secretary who controls the printing budget and places orders, he like to me, he lied to our School manager, and then forgot that he had spoken to her directly and tried a different tack lying to her again on follow up.

The owner/manager of this company is quite the consumate salesman - he will say anthing to try to force his stock on a prospective client. The mistake is to deal with them in the first place... they then double the original (telphone) order and keep sending and keep sending and keep sending...

We are well rid of these unethical people... (I hope finally !!!)

Vanessa
    Last edited by Dave A; 17-Nov-08 at 11:13 AM.

7. Thanks given for this post:

AttaN (04-Mar-09)

Thanks
    I think this is quite concerning. Because I am sure there must be more people that fall into this.

Suspended
    Thanks

Consumer Protection Act

Next year the Consumer Protection Act will come into force and this will effectively make this practice illegal. Its called negative option selling

Thanks

Haltrex free gifts

Hi
    One of the things not mentioned so far in this thread is the fact that Haltrex send a "free gift" with the cartridge. This free gift in our instance was a Woolworths gift voucher. This therefore entraps the stationary buyer, which in many businesses is a junior person, who then tries to cover up the over pricing by Haltrex. At this point in time they have sent us an unsolicited cartridge which we have told them we do not want. We have ignored their invoices & now they are threatening to blacklist us. We have told them they can pick up their cartrdge at any time which they seem reluctant to do. Has anyone got a solution for these people as they are pissing me off.

Thanks

Haltrex Systems Scam

Just like everyone else, I have the same story to tell. I got a phone call from Haltrex systems, selling me one of their ink cartridges, it was delivered to me, and was paid for. Then the fun began, they delivered another 2 ink cartridges which I did not order. I tried to phone the company, no one would take my calls or return my calls (Got a detailed telephone account to prove it).

So, I just waited for their phone call, and that I got today. They confirmed that I only ordered 1 cartridge, but because it was on promotion, they send you more, this time 2, and the next delivery will be 3. She offered to cancell any future deliveries, but insited that I have to pay for the other two.

I told her that I did not want these cartridges, as we are a very small company, and we only use 1 ink cartridge in 6 months. She told me that they will not take back any stock even if the parcel is still sealed. Surely this is not allowed. How can they operate like this and get away with it.

12. Thanks given for this post:

AttaN (04-Mar-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone been sued or blacklisted by these guys yet?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast