Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Haltrex Systems Scam?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Haltrex again. I received a phone message last week to ask when we were going to pay their account. I declined to return the call. On Monday their call came through to my extension and started to query money "owed" to them. I stated that we did not owe them any money, the caller said I should just pay the amount outstanding or she threatened legal action - to which I told her she should go ahead. I await the outcome. We have been on this merry go around before - She then tried to call my head mistress to discuss it with her and our sharp receptionist refused to put her through. We are not inclined to get into any discussion with them at all.

Thanks

Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd - SERIOUS BIG TIME SCAM !!

In December 2007 our Front Office Manager received a phone call from a sales person called Faith. She introduced their products and prices and offered to send 1 cartridge as a sample.

We duly received the "sample" and then an invoice. Then the deliveries started arriving. Phone calls, faxes - no response. When we did get through to Faith, she duly passed us on to Mark - who insisted that we agreed to a contract of 36 when we accepted the sample. They claim that this information was made clear at the time of the first call. The Manager that took the call is a professional and very aware of expenses for his department and would not make any such agreements - as this is done by the finance department.

Needless to say, we have sent back parcels, made phone calls, sent faxes, with no end in sight.

Phone calls to Mark were made and he verbally confirmed that the order was cancelled. Vouchers were received for "our inconvenience".

On requesting that they confirm in writing that the order is cancelled - we are still waiting.

4 December 2008 our Financial Director told Mark that we do not want their products and that they should not send any further parcels. He ended up putting the phone down after a screaming match on the phone with Mark

The arrogance of these people is astounding !

Mark told our Director in December 2008 that the order we received is the last one and that we could pay the account over 4 months.

Mark phoned my bookkeeper on 16/02/2009 requesting that she pay the last amount due of R 3416.58 and if she paid it on 16/02/2009 she can deduct R416.58 as discount. This was done in my absence whilst on leave.

Today, 04/03/2009 JP phones to thank us for the business and wishes to inform me that the balance of our order of 45 is on it's way with a voucher of R1000 to say thank you !!!

I lost it !! There was no sense in even trying to explain the cancellation and conversations with Mark !!

This is most definitely not a legal business practice.

On searching the web - I came across more companies complaining of the same scam.

Someone needs to stop this company !!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If the packages are being posted, can they be identified as being from Haltrex without opening the package?

Thanks
    From what i'm getting on this, even that wouldn't help as i recall someone saying they wanted to send them back and they couldn't. These guys really seem to be bad news. I think it might be worth a bash to Carte blanche, 3rd degree etc?? They might just pick up on it - imagine the damage they would do

Does anyone know who you would report this to?? Out of curiosity from my side.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you haven't opened the package, just write RTS across your address and drop it in a post box or hand it in over the counter if it doesn't fit through the slot. The post office isn't in on this scam, and they've got their own rules for doing things

You can submit a story to Carte Blanche here.

Thanks
    Some times last year we have been approached on property investor network by Carte Blanche if we know investors and people that are repossessed for their story.

I think I still have the journalists email address, I know her name, but have to find the address if anyone is interested in writing to them you can PM me and I will give you the name and try to find the email.

As a side note, I think that people should keep updated on this thread with what is happening, hopefully other people won't be scammed and if a law suit does come up from them, you can have more support of others that have been scammed.

I really don't know how they can keep this up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Google haltrex.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Has anyone been sued or blacklisted by these guys yet?
    The scary part is that once you are registered with some credit bureau you can blacklist anyone for being a "poor payer" for R35.00.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Google haltrex.
    Hmm.. nice. Wonder when they'll click? Excuse the pun....
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    They have....erm....interesting....terms and conditions of sale on their website. Look at this part,

A binding contract for the sale of goods shall be deemed to come into existence when an offer to purchase goods from Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd, has been made by the buyer and subsequently accepted, by Haltrex Systems (Pty) Ltd, sending to the buyer an Order Acknowledgement Form and/or delivering the goods to the buyer.
    So according to their terms of sale, all they have to do is deliver the goods to you for you to be bound by their terms. Surely this is rubbish. Maybe I should put some terms of purchase up on my site which say that unless an official purchase order is received then no invoices will be accepted for processing...regardless of whether I have received the goods or not
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast