I didn't know the SA Reserve Bank had public shareholders! This is quite a revealing story on aspects of what is going on at the SARB.
The attitude of one of the shareholders at the South African Reserve Bank's 88th ordinary annual general meeting (AGM) was racist, Reserve Bank Governor Tito Mboweni said on Thursday.

"I shall not permit you to talk to me like whites used to talk to blacks," Mboweni told shareholder Mario Pretorius.

Pretorius twice told Mboweni he wanted to bring a point of order to the meeting, and when he was not acknowledged he said: "Shocking," which prompted the governor's response.
Mr. Pretorius is right. The chairman of a meeting ignoring a call on a point of order is... out of order!
Another shareholder, Michael Duerr, told Mboweni he wanted to bring to shareholders' attention the failure to circulate to shareholders important items of special business proposed and on the agenda.

"The omission is deliberate," Duerr said.

Mboweni found Duerr out of order.

After the meeting, Duerr -- who holds 5% of the Reserve Bank's shares --issued a press statement claiming that, since 1920, the influence of shareholders at the bank had been gradually and drastically inhibited.

Duerr said the meeting should have been abandoned to give shareholders proper notice of the special business to be discussed as part of the AGM. That business included a discussion of flagrant contraventions by SARB employees.

It appeared these had not been investigated and that no action had been taken "despite these matters having been brought to the attention of the board".

Duerr -- who is a German national -- said he would call an extraordinary general meeting as he was not allowed to speak at Thursday's meeting.

A shareholder must hold 10% of voting shares to call an extraordinary meeting, according to Johann de Jager, legal counsel for the Reserve Bank, who addressed the media at a briefing following the AGM.

He said Duerr wasn't permitted to vote at the AGM because the Reserve Bank held the view that he was not a permanent resident of the country.
full story from M&G here
Straight out of the book on How to lose financiers and piss of people, by the looks of things.

Apart from raising some really questionable behaviour issues, this story has got me asking - what is the role of the shareholder in the SARB?