Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A peek inside the SA Reserve Bank

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan drennan View Post
    Did Mboweni act in a racist manner?
    Let's see...
    "I shall not permit you to talk to me like whites used to talk to blacks," Mboweni told shareholder Mario Pretorius.
    Shades of Verwoed? Yep - he's a racist.

Thanks
    Mboweni said he would not reply because Duerr is not a permanent resident.
    Since when did a shareholder have to be a permanent resident?
    Last edited by Graeme; 12-Oct-08 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks

SARB privately owned since inception and why...

Here's a bit extra ....."Once again, although dividends are limited to 10c/share, for the 2 million issued shares, and share ownership is limited to 10 000, it is clearly stated that those who owned more than 10 000 before the limitation, could keep their shares. If you undertand these concepts, you would understand that since we no longer follow the gold standard, the only thing that gives our money value is "confidence" in it. Also the governments ability to levy income tax on us plays a significant role in determining the strength of our currency, explained in a very simplified way. Also, look at the statements on the reserve bank. They hold most of the country's local debt. Back to the American Federal Reserve Bank. The ownership of that central bank is by 12 other local banks in New York.(SARB owned by 9 Central Banks)They have a direct stake in the Federal Reserve. The most brilliant thing they ever did was to get rid of the gold standard...This enabled them to print as much money as they needed, and since it was not backed by physical gold, this money was more or less created out of thin air, and then loaned to the US government! The US government used income tax of its citizens as collateral for these loans!!! (once again simplified explanation). Think about this, before 1913, the US never payed income tax, as this was a direct tax on a persons labour and was not apportioned (16th amendment). But once the Fed was established americans were forced to pay income tax, all to fund interest payment on the debt! Ronald Reagan commissioned a study that indicated that ALL the income tax was used to pay for the INTEREST on the debt! When I look at our situation, our Reserve Bank is privately owned, and when you talk of a low dividend, I ask you, what is the point of privatisation if you are only getting a 10 % return? Also, our government is indebted to the Reserve Bank! , on the economic cycles, these guys manipulate the supply and demand of money, and in that way they are able to get REAL ASSETTS for their paper money. Using the money multiplier, they loan out money they dont technically have, and when the rates rise, they reposess a tangible asset, like a business/house/property etc. In this way they now own the tangible assets, all for the price of a few numbers on a screen.

The first problem is that the world governments (SARB) are lying to us about the true statistics - why the economy is worse than we are lead to believe.

If one crunched the numbers as was done a few decades ago, then US inflation would be as high as 12% and not the alleged present 4.5%. Unemployment would be 9 to 12% and not the 5.5% claimed presently. Growth would be 1% and not 3.5%. If these correct figures were used then US interest rates would triple. It's believed that when this cover up is blown and the public realise they have been lied to, the markets will collapse big time.

The same is happening in SA. The official inflation is 11% yet plastics, paper and steel have all gone up more than 20% since last year. Food and fuel are also rocketing ever higher. I don't buy in to a figure of inflation @ 11%. 20% maybe - in which case interest rates should definitely be 25%.

It's interesting that the present stage of the housing cycle is very similar to early 1985. The graphs are very similar but the main difference is that back then interest rates were already up at 23% by this stage. I suspect that if the government wasn't lying to us, we would also be above 20% by now.

I really need that list of shareholders and percentage interests..gotta tie it up..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joubert.francois1@gmail.c View Post
    The most brilliant thing they ever did was to get rid of the gold standard...This enabled them to print as much money as they needed, and since it was not backed by physical gold, this money was more or less created out of thin air,
    True, but that money supply has to be carefully managed though. If they oversupply, we'll see runaway inflation - Zimbabwe is a classic example.
    I ask you, what is the point of privatisation if you are only getting a 10 % return?
    A 10c dividend on an R11 share is less than 1%, but we share the same question. The answer, apparently, is prestige and information.

Thanks

Calling SARB to Order

I called SARB today and was told by "Agent X" that SARB is not authorising the issuing of the SARB Shareholders Register

My supposition was: "I would like to buy shares, but would like to know who all my partners are, as that is at least an aspirant shareholder's right?"

They took my number and said someone would call me back. I have not recieved the call to date

I believe I know why they wont make it public knowledge as the leaders do not want to be implicated at this stage publically.

"If they oversupply, we'll see runaway inflation - Zimbabwe is a classic example" - Agreed 100% , thing is currencies are now being devalued internationally [purposefully calculated collapses, but not publically revealed]to drive the unification strategy now apparent to those researching the "buying and selling without the mark"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aP5mpMUORBWM

They will only be as carfull with money supply as the results they desire, and those are scary

http://www.henrymakow.com/illuminati...ek_revolu.html

"A 10c dividend on an R11 share is less than 1%, but we share the same question."

I have an answer : The share price was around R3800 per share, then devalued, delisted and opened to private trading. That means the power of control still lays with those behind the curtain we "may not peek into" unless they call me and reveal all, but they are slightly intellligent creatures....

Oh well...all that is hidden shall be revealed...tick tock...time is moving...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From the Henry Makow link:
    Recently I was accused of making the Illuminati my paranoid religion and fitting everything into this pattern. I agreed that people do seek a system to explain the world. My accuser's assumption was that no "religion" ever is true. I disagree. Although I would love to be wrong, Illuminati conspiracy does explain reality convincingly.
    The problem is every religion is true in the eyes of its adherents. Thus I'm afraid Henry and other adherents of the conspiracy theory cannot be trusted to be objective in this "religion," no matter how hard they try.

I think this is as good a test of objectivity as any:
    Name:  obamasign.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  12.4 KB
    Barrack Obama is pictured above giving the Illuminati sign of Baphomet. Yes, technically the thumb should be folded in, and his excuse is that it is the American Sign Language "I Love You." Just like Bush who pretended this was the Texas Longhorn sign, these Satanists need a cover story.
    Thinly disguised signal of the Illuminati or just one of the guys from the hood in high spirits?

Thanks
    "The problem is every religion is true in the eyes of its adherents."

I dont see that as a problem - that is part of the greatest gift given to mankind and that is to be able to have faith in things unseen so that that which is ultimately the truth would be rewarding to those that adhered to the principles until the end of it whilst others chose to reject and scoff

God forbids that your religion may not be true in your own eyes, lest is becomes meaningless to you.

By you believing that adherence to your religion is right, should not be reason alone for anyone to disbelieve it? I'd say the contents thereof are of more relvance for any desicion making.

"Thus I'm afraid Henry and other adherents of the conspiracy theory cannot be trusted to be objective in this "religion," no matter how hard they try."

"afraid"....Indeed, "....work out thy salvation with fear and trembling"

I'd say learn to trust your own gut, and not other men's Has there been one man ever to be truelly objective? Everybody needs a bit of faith, and faith eliminates all objectivity

All theories are based on a certain amount of faith, untill prooven fact or fiction. These events mentioned are being interpreted by many scholars universally for years. I am reasonably comfortable with the interpretations and find them inline with biblical prophecies, should that matter.

I trust your decisions will be informed whichever "truth" you accept as your authority.

Dave, what do you believe is the reason why the SARB will not allow us to see who controls the voting powers of our money supply in SA?
    Last edited by Frankincense; 12-Nov-08 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After that interlude on objectivity... (Sorry everyone - my fault for raising it)
    Dave, what do you believe is the reason why the SARB will not allow us to see who controls the voting powers of our money supply in SA?
    I'd question how much control the shareholders have anyway when it comes to the SARB. But since you asked, my theory would be:

The shareholders register changes on a regular basis. Providing access to the list of shareholders to all and sundry is not a statutory requirement and doing it ad hoc is a PITA. However, the shareholders register really matters at a general meeting of the shareholders. I'm sure any shareholder could ask to peruse the list of shareholders in the run-up to or during such a meeting.
    Last edited by Dave A; 13-Nov-08 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    After that interlude on objectivity... (Sorry everyone - my fault for raising it)

I'd question how much control the shareholders have anyway when it comes to the SARB. But since you asked, my theory would be:

The shareholders register changes on a regular basis. Providing access to the list of shareholders to all and sundry is not a statutory requirement and doing it ad hoc is a PITA. However, the shareholders register really matters at a general meeting of the shareholders. I'm sure any shareholder could ask to peruse the list of shareholders in the run-up to or during such a meeting.

i think the current system of banking/business is the cause of all the poverty- go back to the gold standard or begin bartering and then you will cut out the fat-cat bankers (local & intnl) who are just blood sucking parasites.
    i think you guys should speak to people like COSATU etc and make them see/understand the BIG PICTURE abouth the SARB & the US federal reserve & the intnl bankers.
    how about de beers- they are owned by the oppenheimers-orig cecil john rhodes who was backed by the rothschilds waged war with the boers for control of the land where the gold/diamond deposits were located.
    the same rothschild began his career working for the Oppenheimers in germany.
    now these people are relaxing in London & NY while people are slogging for them & losing their lives regularly in our mines.
    where is this gold & diamonds going to to?
    how much does our country receive from this wealth?

i dont know much about how the business world works but i know this much- the system is corrupt and those who run the system are even more corrupt.

10. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (03-Feb-09)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Those pesky shareholders again.

Shareholders want to be heard at the South African Reserve Bank's annual general meeting (AGM), one of the shareholders said on Monday.

"It is our meeting where we want to be heard and would like to transact what we are entitled to," shareholder Mario Pretorius said in an open letter to Reserve Bank Governor Tito Mboweni.

This followed a stormy AGM last week, when some of the bank's shareholders and Mboweni locked horns.
    full story from M&G here
    Yep - our friend Mario Pretorius again. And look at his questions:
    Pretorius said he wanted to address a question to the chairperson of the Reserve Bank's remuneration committee.

He said he wished to ascertain how the committee justified the 14% raise in remuneration of the governor, cost to company, to R4,3-million a year.

Pretorius said there was presently world-wide sensitivity to excessive remuneration of banking officials.

He said the Reserve Bank's profit had dropped by 61% this year and the governor had received a 42% pay rise for the past two years.

"The governor is already the third highest paid central bank official in the world, earning three times more than, by comparison, Mr Ben Bernanke at the New York Federal Reserve in the US," Pretorius said.

He said Mboweni earned 2,5 times more than his counterpart in the National Treasury, the minister of finance and more than the president.

Pretorius asked if the Reserve Bank board had quantified the effect of Zimbabwe's official use of the rand and the subsequent fractional lending of its banking system, uncontrolled by the Reserve Bank, on the quantum of money supply growth of the rand.

Pretorius also asked if Mboweni and the board had discussed the possibility of the nationalisation of Reserve Bank, and wanted to know if the bank had been officially rated for black economic empowerment and if so, what rating it had achieved.

Pretorius further questioned how the bank would resist political pressure from the African National Congress.

It had publicly stated, through Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi, that there were "pertinent differences" in the ANC's macro-economic policy and that of the Reserve Bank, in particular the bank's policy of inflation targeting and its use of the "blunt instrument of interest rates" to curtail inflation.

Mboweni's office was not immediately available for comment.
    Apparently these were questions that fell outside of the AGMs ambit. But they're interesting questions, don't you think?

12. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (23-Sep-09)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast