We purchased some goods from a supplier, which are defective. To be exact, it's a hard drive bay, which blew a 160GB hard drive. We took it back, and the new one also blew 2 HDD's - to make sure it's not a drive issue, I used to different makes / sizes an 80GB & a 250GB - the 250GB came out of a machine, and had data on it. I actually had to copy the data to another machine,and put it in there, thinking that the replacement unit won't blow another HDD. But it it did, so I put in a totally different brand / make & size, and blew it as well.

They say they will replace it with another one, but can't refund me. They can give me a credit note to the value of 30% of the drive though - so, I'm screwed either way.

What are my rights in this matter. Apparently it's supposed to have a lifetime warranty, but from their response I get the feeling that they don't honor it, nor do they care about their clients much. The replacement unit will be their last for this batch, and they refuse to replace the HDD's, or recover the data.

What are my rights?