Is it just me or is there a clear indication that businesses are starting to close down one after the other. In the past few months I have been consulting with several businesses in the Johannesburg and Pretoria areas, and it is shocking to see how many are seriously considering closing doors. It is also clear that the NCA has a clear effect as more and more Estate Agents, Car dealers, Attorneys, bond originators, property developers, builders and other businesses are either down sizing or closing down.

The rollover effect onto other businesses are also taking it's toll as more and more business are finding it tough to make ends meet.

In terms of the general economy slowing down and the petrol price crunch and interest rate increases it seems that everyone is starting to byte the bone, and many businesses are struggling to make ends meet.

Yet there are those few businesses that are doing better than ever despite all these crunching factors.

If my observation is correct, and I am pretty sure it is, what qualities is it that are needed to make a success of your business when it appears to be "hard times"?