Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions about CC VS Sole prop

Thanks

Get it from the horses mouth

The R1 000 000.00 is definately approved already it is just going thru the implementation process and SARS not clear on when exactly it will be in but said it should be within the next 6 months.

The best way to get the right advice for your business and intentions is to phone the SARS line. They have a division on income tax and on vat on the voice prompts. They don't require ID or CC or other information to supply you with advice.

Important to know is that they are revising the % with regard to income tax as permanent employees complained about the breaks afforded to other sectors.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NIRE View Post
    Get it from the horses mouth
    When you can, NIRE

My personal favourite is when I call the eFiling support number and you're tossed into the standard SARS helpline queue - and they can't help with tech glitches. They refer you back to exactly the same number you've just called. Talk about going round in circles.

Part of the original motivation for setting up this site was so that if anyone learns anything along the way, the information can be shared, spread quickly and is more easily accessible.

This implementation date on the change of VAT threshold issue hasn't moved since Trevor first announced the intention at this year's budget speech. The uncertainty is affecting a lot of businesses, I'm sure.

Mind you, maybe you're onto something. If all of us call the SARS helpline every day, they'll actually move faster towards finalising and announcing an implementation date!

Thanks

Sorry

sorry bout that, did not intend to undermine the site.

After listening to the Chief Communications Officer at SARS on a talk on 702 bout a week ago it just became apparent that they are in the process of changing a number of laws and processes in this regard, thus current opinions and knowlage on this subject might be out of date shortly.

Due to this I felt that speaking to them at this stage might be the safest option.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No worries, Nire. I understood where you were coming from.

Taking SARS issues as an example, each of us tend to call them on an issue from time to time. If we share what we learn as we go, we all learn in the process. At the end of the day, the source is SARS and I'm not saying don't go looking there for answers. This site's role is supplementary and hopefully easier/quicker at times, not to mention hopefully more enjoyable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12