Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The arms deal corruption issue

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My concern is that JZ blows the lid off the whole deal to the NPA, but the whole thing gets buried "in the interests of state security."

Thanks
    Wow Wynn, talk about hitting the nail on the head! I'll keep you mind as my political adviser when i join up
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What Zuma told the NPA.

I'm afraid if true, it is much as I suspected - all the top brass was either involved or aware of it. And Patrica de Lille was the only one with the character not to accept it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I must say to all of you here are well informed individuals with a mentality of note! Really you are a clever lot. I agree with all of this up to appoint. Again I know that the UN United Nations is planning on a little party that will take shape starting now 2009 and will end 2015 if I am not mistaken. What is this party you may ask? Well the UN is planning on taking control of all the military systems within the UN. Thus every country that belongs to the UN will be asked to surrender their military system and allow the UN to control it.

In return the UN will provide in part funding and training to all participants and in effect will create the largest military system the world has ever seen. United will take on a new meaning and then comes the preferred hardware suppliers! Imagine building equipment for a military system as big as this one!
    I cannot say why UN is doing this... But it is a bit scary because they will effectively have the power to police the world literally. Perhaps all of this fits into the one world one order thing that has been showing its head since 1985?

Thanks
    Two very interesting articles on this issue, Reasons not to charge Zuma unpacked and Fact: Zuma has a case to answer
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Suspended
    Thanks
    I find it difficult to understand judgement in high profile cases like that of Zuma. However it is of note that Zuma have a lot power thus the dismantling of the scorpions.

Then there is the “Freedom and security of the person” Found in the Constitution Act of South Africa. You know the one that states that we are not to be deprived of freedom arbitrarily or without just cause!

Point it out: Without just cause??? Now being known for criminal activities an nationally known to be less then truthful and a lot of things that is a bit sensitive may be considered a just cause. Frankly the justice system had enough on Zuma to take him down a long time ago. But didn’t... Why?

I cannot answer that, but I do know that that little thing that I pointed out “Without Just Cause” was never used. Thus I lost faith in our Constitution.

Then there is the little matter of the right to privacy. You know the one that states that everyone has the right to privacy. Did you know that in the 3 or 4 pointers they state like: The right not to have: their person or home searched, their property searched, their possessions seized or the privacy of their communications infringed.

No-ware on the right to privacy is there a “Without just cause” If I am not mistaken that will make a search-warrant unconstitutional? Like I said I don’t understand this part at all.

Maybe someone can explain it but it comes down to this... there is not backdoor build into the right to privacy. Or there is and I am just stupid

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The angle that "in the interests of state security" is not a reason not to prosecute is interesting. However, "in the public interest" is also very broad and subjective.

Those links also blow the lid off the "innocent until proven guilty" rhetoric that gets trotted out by the spin doctors.

Suspended
    Thanks
    All I can say is that the law is more complicated than making gold. Really I had a look at some of the ways it is explained and I cannot make heads or tails of anything. However to be clear it is the general point of view that some politicians is getting away with a lot. And if they can other rich individuals can and if that starts to become the norm then justice is failing us all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That sums it up pretty well, Insulin

10. Thanks given for this post:

insulin (22-Mar-09)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Two good reads while we wait for the NPA announcement.

The case against Jacob Zuma and then an insight into the forces in play.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast