Thread: Pastel reconciling itself

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel reconciling itself

Hi there, everybody

I'm new on this forum, so please bear with me if I do thing wrong.

I am actually posting on my wife's behalf due to her circumstances at work and her inability to post herself.

She is working on Pastel Partner 2007 (build 9.3.1). Apparently somebody copied this Pastel over from another computer to hers shortly before she started working there. Even though it is illegal, her bosses gave the the go ahead for her to work on this computer.

She has experienced difficulties in reconciling her accounts from the very beginning, but couldn't figure out what it was.
    That is, until she brought her computer home and asked me to help her. I read to her what was on her lists, and she ticked it off on the computer. Then we realized that the program reconciles itself. This sounded weird to me, so double checked it and again the program did the same thing.

Then she got the bloke from Pastel to come and check out what the problem was. He saw that it was an illegal copy and suggested they get a new one. Then he changed his story and said they could only get a license for this copy and keep on using it. Something smells fishy to me about this guy.

Now her bosses says she doesn't know what she is doing. She has approximately 12 years experience on Pastel in these specific fields working for auditors and private companies. She knows what she is doing.

Has anybody experienced similar problems?
    Please guys, she can't afford to loose her job. What must she look out for?

I would really appreciate all the help we can get.
    Last edited by paulnel; 10-Sep-08 at 11:24 AM.