i have had my bussiness account with standard bank for more than 7 years now and finally i managed to slip up... my account went overdrawn by R189.00...what i found a bit rude was the R85.00 it cost me...the joke of the matter is that i transered the money from my one standard bank bussiness account to the other standard bank bussiness account on the 1/09/2008 but it only reflected the following day for some reason...when i contacted the bank and asked what they plan on doing about it...they just said it is a standard fee and if i could prove i paid on the 1/09/2008 they would see what they can do to refund the R85.00...now i am told that they cannot refund the amount even though i have aprint out with the date of transfer...now i can see why the banks are situated in such upmarket buildings...by ripping the ass right out of the customer in fees...i know you gona say whats R85 well all my bank charger service fees interest etc etc etc all start adding up and just another R85 takes it over R1000 in a month...the bank is worse than the receiver because they just take the money.

i stopped drawing cash from atms because of the fee but now i see the mastro card fee is just becoming a huge expense in my bussiness so it looks like i will be going back to drawing cash and using the petty cash tin again.