Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: standard bank

Suspended
    Thanks
    the R85 was talken off before i could wipe the sh*t out my eyes...now i have proof that i transfered the money on the 1st do you think i can get a response from the bank...or a refund lets see how long they can drag their feet when it comes to repaying the money...it has been 16 days now already and still nothing...think about the numbers here if they do this to half their customers how much money do you think they make.

Thanks
    hmmm ... sounds like a typical bank.

What I would do .... phone and get hold of a clerk and fully explain the situation.

Make sure that you get the clerks full name. Advise this clerk that you expect the problem to be resolved to your satisfaction within 4 hours.

At the same time, ask for the name of the supervisor.

Advise the clerk that, at the end of the specified amount of time, you intend to phone the supervisor, and tell that supervisor that the clerk has either dilligently resolved your problem and made you a happy customer, or has failed in their duties and forced you to consider moving to a different bank.

Also make sure that the clerk ( and each person you speak to thereafter ) fully understands that you will give each link in their chain a full list of the staff that you have dealt with so far as well as a summary of their service levels.

Should you, at any time, feel that you're getting nowhere, you intend to phone the following to complain :
    Peter Wharton-Hood ( Chief executive Personal & Business Banking )
    Jacko Maree ( Group chief executive )
    Craig Bond ( Chief executive )
    Watching the ships passing by.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Graeme (17-Sep-08)

Suspended
    Thanks
    thanks for the input...and thanks to standard bank i have just received an R85 refund from the bank...should i try get them to pay interest

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So it pays to ask

Email problem
    Thanks

Bank fees

I checked my bank statement and noticed a lot of fees going off and it is not small amounts - from R5 upwards fro every transaction and sometimes other fees which I do not know about also. What I want to know is this: did the competision commission not investigate this bank fees? Where the banks not suppose to come down with bank fees? On my salary of R5000 I pay nearly R200 bank fees a month.

Suspended
    Thanks
    It pays to bank at Nedbank. My monthly banking fee total R35-00

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBEE_CompSpec View Post
    It pays to bank at Nedbank. My monthly banking fee total R35-00
    is that a flat rate BBBEE? cos our charges are killing us. Its looking like a good idea to stop drinking and smoking

Suspended
    Thanks
    My fees are always around that amount. A Lot of businesses bank the cheques and stubs from the smart machines, then use the cash for petty cash or purchasing. It works with most companies. Unless you are a cash only company.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I have used a few banks for personal and business. Nedbanks fees are around R300 per month. I asked the business bank manager why it had increased a couple of months ago by R150. Then i realised it was not just my account but others too. FNB is about R120 a month on set fees, but i get charged for internet transfers. Capitec credit card machine is by far the cheapest when it comes to commissions.

All in all banking is expensive but vital. Like everything in life if there is a need there is a cost. A bank is a business not a place to store money and watch it grow. Unfortunately we need a bank account these days for business and personal. People require statements to see good money handling.

I believe when choosing a bank look at the service fees offered, each bank has different rates suited for different needs. Also look at there service when it comes to solving issues. If they are quick to respond to complaints and queries then to me it is a good bank. I harldy ever go into a bank but when i do i want all issues resolved there and then so i don't have to return or phone for another few months.

11. Thanks given for this post:

BBBEE_CompSpec (13-Dec-09)

Thanks

Standard Bank

Standard Bank

Moving forward

very, very slowly in long queues ...

and where you cannot phone the branch directly but have to go through a call centre to be asked many questions and an account number ["no, ma'am, I do not have an account with Standard Bank, will never have an account with Standard Bank. I am an attorney calling to find out about that property guarantee that is now taking Standard Bank more than two weeks to issue. I just want to talk to *name withheld* at your Westville Branch. I want to know whether I must place your client, the purchaser of a property on terms by giving him legal notice that he is now in breach of contract?]

In another matter, I am in the process of issuing a summons against Standard Bank and their attorneys where it took more than a week for Standard Bank to pay out on a guarantee after registration of their bond.

[Hint: stay away from this bank. Try Capitec.]

Sieg

13. Thanks given for this post:

BBBEE_CompSpec (13-Dec-09)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast