Network marketing always left a bit of a bitter taste in most people's mouths. Just the thought of trying to sell something to someone usually is enough to discourage most potential beginners.

The irony is that most people sell their whole lives without even realizing it. Take for instance if you want to go to Durban for Christmas and you spouse want to go to Capetown.

The amount of selling between the two will decide where you are going. In the case of network marketing it is exactly the same. The problem isn't the selling but rather the thought of harassing family and friends.

The secret lies in the fact that you must stop those stupid tactics immediately if you want to have any chance of succeeding at this business.

Whenever I hear things like "Let's make a namelist of family and friends" or " Talk to everyone you meet" I can almost certainly predict the outcome of that project - DEATH.

Just stand still and think for a moment how you feel when somebody contacts you and wants to convince you of all the benefits of something you couldn't care one bit. I know I get very irritated.

Now think of it when you are really interested in something and someone contacts you. I normally am very kind to that person and I appreciate the trouble he went through to service me.

To me that person is not a sales-rep who wants to earn a quick buck but rather an expert consultant who are looking for a way to service my needs. Big difference...

The internet can change you from being that sales-rep into the expert consultant, servicing the needs of those who really desire it, enabling you to build a strong network marketing company without ever having to make a cold call.