Thread: Tendering Process

Thanks

Tendering Process

Hi ,
    Guys anyone who knows how I can find out more about writing Expression of interest documents and what the big secret is behind tendering I would really like to know.

Its like there is some big secret tendering province that people go to to get tenders. I have registered on all databases knownto man and I still get no work ...What si the story?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are you not finding out about tenders, or are you not winning any?
    And which province?

Thanks
    Only finding out about them after the due date...Not getting the ones I am trying for and wondering whether THERE are really tenders are you supposed to know someone in order to get them! Oh and I am in KZN

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThang View Post
    are you supposed to know someone in order to get them!
    At times it looks that way

I gave up chasing gov and provincial tenders years ago. The nearest I've got to looking too closely at what is going on nowadays was when I was asked by a school to assess how effective some work they'd had done via the provincial tender board actually was.

It wasn't pretty. I'm amazed the contractor got paid as they never did the job as spec'd in the tender (or anything even close.) I'd argue there was no value received at all. It was a straight rip-off. Apparently the tender procedure was "irregular" too. The tender was opened and closed on the same day and there was only one tender received. All that came to light in the subsequent investigation.

Department of Education was fuming as the spend came out of their budget, but they have to use the Dept. of Public Works tender board and adjudication process.

The works inspector involved was conveniently transferred which kinda put a roadblock on really getting to the bottom of what happened. I haven't heard much about it since.

Not very encouraging, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Dave A; 25-Aug-08 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah I thought bout giving up but the tenders were a means to an end ...Wanted to try and gather enough via tenders to put a down payment on a business I wanted to open. Not really sure how to do that now cause the tender business is not really working....The banks wont give me a loan I ITC issues any ideas ???

Thanks
    most tenders are advertised in the local press but also see below

I don't have an address but 'DATA INFOVIEW' will email or fax you a list of the latest contracts that are out to tender for a fee.

Then you have to contact the consultant who issued the tender to ask for a list of tender hopefuls who either attended a meeting (attendance register) or who drew the documents.

Contact one or two of the guys who drew documents and ask them to fax email you a copy of the materials list or services that you supply.

Price the list and fax email it to the other guys on the list.

Follow up every few weeks with the consultant to see who is going to be awarded the contract.

When it is awarded go do your hard sell and hope you get an order.

Good luck

Thanks
    MissThang, what sort of business are you in? ie - what do you want to tender for?

Thanks
    K I am in the evets business as well as supply of anything (xpt medical), book, textbooks, stationery, corprate gifts, clothing, uniforms, saftey clothing, catering, staff (temp) yah thats about it