Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What works to motivate your staff?

Thanks
    Living in the Eastern Cape you can get away calling everybody 'Boet' or 'Swaar'
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Living in the Eastern Cape you can get away calling everybody 'Boet' or 'Swaar'
    I am from the generation where it is either "balsak" if you are afrikaans or "buddy" if you are english, although i don't call manny people "balsak", just my friends.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Adrianh, I can not agree with you more. Treating people with respect costs nothing, yet it is so rewarding that I fail to understand why not everybody does it. It works in business, private life, politics, travel and.... and...

Email problem
    Thanks
    Know them well enough to know what drives them and then use that as a motivator to get them to work more... miracles really happen with this trick....

Thanks
    If you want to motivate your staff them the encourage them for their good work. Give them Applause, Attention and many more for their good work.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I motivate my staff by sharing our strategies and financials with them, including the factory staff. Obviously, I only share what they will understand, but enough to be a true reflection of how the business is performing. That way, they understand how increases are calculated and what influences it. They understand how working harder affects profit, which could lead to better increases. Basically, they become "engaged" employees.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that many of our managers are not leaders. A leader will address a problem and fix it, not just moan about how unproductive and bad staff is. A leader sets the example. He does not wait for staff to greet him, but greets staff first. He does not listen to gossip and he does not have favourites. Everyone is treated the same - with respect and dignity. A leader does not demand respect, but earns it.

It is so sad that leadership is often lacking in politics and business alike. Personal entitlement and greed has unfortunately taken over.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456