Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks

Amway/Network 21

I have recently become involved with the Amway/Network 21 MLM concept. I am normally a very sceptical person, so I only joined after thorough investigation from my side. I'm in the IT industry and I have a systems-oriented mindset, so I can look at anything logically and unemotionally. And to me this seems like a concept that has no possibility of failure - but I agree that MLM is not for everyone and not everyone will see it in the same light as me.

But now I'm getting funny remarks from people when they find out that I'm involved with Amway. Seems they all know somebody who lost huge amounts of money with this concept. To me that just sounds absurd. So - I'd like to hear from people out there who are / were PERSONALLY involved with Amway/Network 21. Be it good or bad. I do not want to hear about someone's cousin's neighbour 3 houses down who lost a few grand because he bought a bakkie-load of washing powder that he couldn't sell.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have been to numerous meetings with variuos different people all trying to get me to buy into the "idea" over the past 10 years...had the amway invitation...then the netework 21 invitation trying to make it sound like a different company.

i have been following a person for 2 years now and have decided not to waste my time any longer and will not waste my time going to anymore meetings...as i promised i would follow him over a 2 year period went to meetings and listened and watched carefully...i can think of nothing better than a passive income.

as you mentioned it is not for everyone...the problem is as soon as you mention the words ammway or network 21 automatically there is a negative reaction...how can you boost your income if you are trying to promote a product, idea or network system which has such a negative response when you metion it...you would need to be really dynamic sales person to achieve a 6 digit figue in your bank account from amway or network 21...i wish you luck in your adventure just dont give up your day job yet.

Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for your input. Luckily I am still in my 90-day "get-out-of-jail-free" period. So, I'll stick it out for a bit longer and see if anything comes from it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is a 90 day "get-out-of-jail-free" period?

I'm confused - could you explain that to me please?

Thanks
    The business model works (for distributors). Problem is with all the scaley distributors that are desparate to recruit just about ANYONE. I find that targeted recruiting works way better. And distributors with serious business knowledge do a lot better and "climb" the ladder faster.

It's not a get-rich-quick thing. You have to work blerry hard and you have to do it properly.

I've been involved with Amway and Herbalife before and I still use the Herbalife products because they're so good and I've never felt better but I'm not active in the business as I don't believe you can be successful with MLM while running other businesses as well.

Hope this helps a bit
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

6. Thanks given for this post:

Keen Observer (28-Jan-11)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    There is a 90 day "get-out-of-jail-free" period?

I'm confused - could you explain that to me please?
    You probably know about Amway's 90-day (3 month) guarantee on their products? Well, signing up basically works the same way. You can sign up, and after 3 months, if you don't like the concept - or even if you just don't like the face of one of your team members - you can get out. And they refund you the sign-up fee. My up-line always tell people that the only way to really make an informed decision is to investigate from the inside. To ignore what other people say and make up your own mind.

Thanks
    Thank you. And I agree with you - I've spoken to people who've made a success in this business, and to my surprise most of them were professionals high up on the corporate ladder. That spun my head a bit...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by willemiendp@hotmail.com View Post
    You probably know about Amway's 90-day (3 month) guarantee on their products? Well, signing up basically works the same way. You can sign up, and after 3 months, if you don't like the concept - or even if you just don't like the face of one of your team members - you can get out. And they refund you the sign-up fee.
    Hmm. "Back in the day" you'd just get the refund on the products... If you even wanted that refund. People didn't bale on the products.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willemiendp@hotmail.com View Post
    Thank you. And I agree with you - I've spoken to people who've made a success in this business, and to my surprise most of them were professionals high up on the corporate ladder. That spun my head a bit...
    hence the saying birds of a feather flock together...if you want to be successful in bussiness you need to hang with the right people...you will never be successful if you hang around with negative lazy people...so what you doing on this site

Thanks
    Yup...

Which is why being a solo entrepreneur actually makes it harder on yourself without a forum like this. I would've gone dilly or bankrupt or both by now if it weren't for online business communities. It's so nice to be able to ask someone who's been in a similar position for some advice or, even just to know that someone else is experiencing the same thing as you and it's not the end of the world.

I read a study once that revealed that an entrepreneur's single best source of help, advice and support is from fellow entrepreneurs. NOT family, NOT clients, NOT money-lenders, but fellow people just as much in the kak.

Those of us with very supportive families should recognise our blessing. Most entrepreneurs are met with, "You won't make it", kind of crap and so they fall on their faces. VERY much the case with MLM, by the way.

That's the problem with doing something where not many have succeeded before. Your chances for success are good because competition isn't great but neither is support :P

Probably the biggest secret to surviving in the MLM industry (and any business at all for that matter) is persistence. Especially in hard times like these. When everyone else is taking a fall and you hold on with everything you've got, despite every obstacle being thrown at you, you come out stronger than anyone else and simply can not be competed against
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

12. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (20-Aug-08), Keen Observer (28-Jan-11)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast