Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amway/Network 21

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The thing I really liked about Network 21 was it proved to be a very cost effective system for learning about marketing, self-development and leadership. My time in the Network 21 system simply took my understanding of these to a totally different level.

In the end, I might not have made that much money "doing Amway," but a heck of a lot of my income nowadays comes from the lessons learnt there.

Suspended
    Thanks
    the more you network the better your companies chances are of being a success...if you are a peoples person...zuma is a good example...even though he is being charged with so many crimminal activities...the people love him (or he is paying lots of money)...on the other hand you could also be a failure if people dont like you no matter how good your product or service is.

one of my biggest problems is i say what i am thinking and not always what people want to hear...i dont think carefully before i write and make sure it will be to everyones approval.

thats the problem with these forums...you can portray an image for people.

i also hear stories about friendships how easy they are to make and difficult to keep...the problem is that peoples true colours evetually shine through...and they are not always pleasant.

money buys happiness but only for as long as you have it...when its all gone so are the friends you bought with it...luckily i have never had lots money

ooops speaking my mind again.

Thanks
    [COLOR="Navy"]

Quote Originally Posted by willemiendp@hotmail.com View Post
    I have recently become involved with the Amway/Network 21 MLM concept. I am normally a very sceptical person, so I only joined after thorough investigation from my side. I'm in the IT industry and I have a systems-oriented mindset, so I can look at anything logically and unemotionally. And to me this seems like a concept that has no possibility of failure - but I agree that MLM is not for everyone and not everyone will see it in the same light as me.

But now I'm getting funny remarks from people when they find out that I'm involved with Amway. Seems they all know somebody who lost huge amounts of money with this concept. To me that just sounds absurd. So - I'd like to hear from people out there who are / were PERSONALLY involved with Amway/Network 21. Be it good or bad. I do not want to hear about someone's cousin's neighbour 3 houses down who lost a few grand because he bought a bakkie-load of washing powder that he couldn't sell.

Thanks
    I Agree with the Personal Development and Leadership...!!

Thanks
    hi willemiendp.....just wondering if you stuck it out with Amway in the end? if so, how are things going with it?

Thanks
    A good question.

This thread has been around for nearly a year and had over four thousand viewers but few comments.

Is there anybody out there that can tell us they have stuck it out, followed the model and understood how this all hangs together and actually made their fortune?

This industry seems to be keeped alive by two ends of the scale.....those at the start drumming up support based on very little evidence of success and those desparate souls looking for a fast buck and a way to survive.

I have watched many 'friends' involve themselves in mlm over the years and a few even became evangelical shiny folk promoting business opportunities in hotel rooms, but I have never actually met anyone who has made their millions or even lives comfortably from this business model.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Hi,

I have been involved in the Network 21 Amway system for almost 2 years. I joined when I first saw it as it truley is a no brainer. Buy products you already buy but get money back as team grows. Refer some people and make more. Not to mention few people I have met have said bad things about the products. They are good. Its more the system and some people that have influenced people been against it. I never really took it more seriously until recently. In the past few months I have grown the business to the breakeven point. Where all the products and education is pretty much paid for by the income.
    To answere your question Marq, the couple that are mentoring me have made a respectable income from it and are a few months away from much higher levels in the business.
    The system does work, it requires work. That is no secret. The true challenge is the mind shift from been an employee to building passive income. That is truly the hardest part of this business system. That is why the education system is key. And as DaveA said the leadership and self development from the Network 21 system is so good. Creating passive income is never easy and never quick, well not truly sustainable passive income. People get in, dont see any progress within first few months then believe it does not work.
    MLM is a fantastic business model, it allows ordinary people access to an opportunity they would never have previously had access to.
    I beleive that more and more businesses will start introducing there products to current MLM models. Its a simple way for companies to maintain sales yet cut down on advertising. I have noticed this lately with the Amway system, many other companies are starting to get on the band wagon.
    There are many MLM structures that work and many other ways to make money. So I am in no way saying that Amway is the only and best. For me it works and make sense thats why I do it.

8. Thanks given for this post:

Riana (08-Jul-11)

Thanks
    Thank for that outline - it certainly is one of the more honest answers I have seen in a long time regarding the mlm industry. Well done.

If I recall Amway has an American catalog the size of three Johannesburg phone books, so yes I can see lots more stuff being brought on board. At a shiny Amway presentation about 10 years ago, I think the local product list consisted of a toothpaste and washing powder. Certainly products were not big on the list of things to sell in those days and the whole read between the lines presentation related to nothing more than a pyramid scheme. I believe that is where Amway earned the nickname Scamway.

The products also seem to have had a lot of criticism - apparently they are the same as the stuff you buy down the road and yes they cost more because they are concentrated but on a value for money basis they are the same. If the scheme has progressed and is selling good stuff on sound marketing principles then there is no reason why it should not be a success.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks

Smile

Thanks KEVM
    I also joined about 4 months ago and i dont regret it one bit. Yes, there is hard work, but that just proves it's not some get rich quick scheme. My brother in law joined after me and he researched everything throughly 'cos he never jumps into things and he is excited about it.

The one thing I really like is that I can take a break whenever I want and it doesn't affect my business at all. 2 of the 4 months, my husband and I were to busy with church and we never bothered about the business and then afterwards, we could just pick up where we left off. What other business will give you that opportunity.

I can clearly see the system working and the speed of your success is mostly based on how much effort you put in. Before the next course at church now, we are putting in loads of effort.......and we will reap the rewards...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The thing I really liked about Network 21 was it proved to be a very cost effective system for learning about marketing, self-development and leadership. My time in the Network 21 system simply took my understanding of these to a totally different level.

In the end, I might not have made that much money "doing Amway," but a heck of a lot of my income nowadays comes from the lessons learnt there.
    Howzit Dave A. It sounds like you were involved way back. Things have changed quite dramatically so you might like to investgate the business again.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast