Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ROAD RAGE

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another road rage story.
    The motorist wanted in connection with a road-rage shooting incident has been arrested.

Inspector Hein van Heerden of the Honeydew police station said the man was arrested a few hours after Wednesday's attack at his workplace in Wadeville, Germiston's industrial area.

A woman was wounded during an altercation between a taxi driver and the motorist outside Sharonlea Primary School in Randburg.

The woman, a passenger in the taxi, sustained injuries to her arm and was taken to Helen Joseph Hospital in a stable condition.
    full story from IOL here
    Pulling a gun because you had to swerve to avoid an accident is surely over-reacting! To start shooting?

Suspended
    Thanks
    well dave... clearly you have not been harrassed by these taxi drivers i had an incident a couple months ago where i moved forward slowly because i knew the robot was gona cturn red...it was taking 3 red robot before you would get to go through because of all the traffic...i had the taxi driver and one of his passengers approuch my vehicle on either side...all i am gona say is sometimes it pays to makes sure you carry your firearm on you when you get into a situation like this.

a different incident in pinetown i had 2 males in their early 20s come from behind my vehicle at the robot i noticed them walking from the back so i braced myself like i would normally... expecting the worse...but nothing happened (sigh of relief)....so i watched as they walked away i noticed one of them had a knife pushed up his sleeve...which he tucked back under his shirt as he was walking away.

Suspended
    Thanks
    My father and brother both has (what I always assumed to be funny) road rage issues. It wasnt till one Day, - im a white 22 yr old female for the record - that it got the best of me when i got cut off, i was having a real bad day, waving my arms, swearing like a trooper and screaming as best I could, that the taxi stopped, got out his car, and started running towards my window with a knop kirrie (you know, the wooden base ball bat looking things). I swallowed my a-hole back down my throat, found a gap, and sped off.

Needless to say I will never again attempt that one. I have now learnt that road rage is not the way to do things. Whats the point of getting upset. It wont change anything. Just woosah, 3 deep breaths and move on. And yes, I do think road rage is based on stress levels.

Rather an extra 10 minutes getting home, than a bullet in your head I always say!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12