Thread: Get links to your site

Thanks

Get links to your site

Everyone with a website/blog wants to have as many hits as is possible. The main place people find your site is through search engines, it is therefore imperative that your site has good rankings with the search engines.

One of the most things that search engines look for when searching the web is inbound links to your site. Links from social bookmarking sites are ranked as extremely high priority and can help you get great search engine results. The challenge, however, is that getting the first 100 or 200 links can be very difficult.

So I created a group on facebook for everyone that has a website/blog or anything similar that wants to increase the hits on their site. The idea is that you post your site's url and other members of the group can review it and bookmark it. You in turn bookmark their site thus creating a network of links to your site and generating traffic.

I only started the group yesterday and I already have both my sites bookmarked 3 times and Ive bookmarked 6 other sites.

Heres what you have to do.

Join the group. Go to http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65965105174 Group is called bookmarking club.

Register with a social bookmarking site such as digg.com, delicious.com/ or any similar group. My favorite is http://delicious.com/

Post your website with an explanation of what it is. Use 2 or 3 keywords you would like bookmakers to use when describing it. This will allow other members of this group to tag your site with a relevant description.

Tag as many sites on in this group as you can. The more sites you tag, the more people will tag your site. Use the keywords provided in the description of the site

Invite as many people to join this group as you can. This will increase links to everyone.

The idea is to get this group up to 10 000 people, all linking to each other. This can be an extremely powerful SEO tool.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like

Thanks
    I joined and invited some of my FB friends. Lets see if they are interested.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I got the email

My only problem is I can't leap to it right now - I'm queuing up the tfsa server change. But you can mentally count me in - once I'm past my palpitations.

Thanks
    Glad you liked the idea. This is obviously only going to work if we get enough people so if youre on any other forums please let them know about it. And invite as many people as you can Want to generate a few thousand links here Chatmaster, you havnt posted your site... I need to give you a link! haha
    Last edited by Ryan S; 07-Aug-08 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't know how happy I'd be if it got too big. Kickstarting and promoting quality content is one thing, serious gaming could have undesirable consequences.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I don't know how happy I'd be if it got too big. Kickstarting and promoting quality content is one thing, serious gaming could have undesirable consequences.
    This is the thing that has been bugging me too. I suppose it isn't gaming as long as people are only bookmarking content they think is worthwhile. Also, the quality of content and chance of your site being bookmarked can easily go down with greater numbers.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Ok, well here's a thought. Can I do the same thing here? Start a thread where we bookmark each other? that way its kept to just the members here and wont get out of hand. Also, on facebook, people just join and don't bookmark you ha ha. I think it would be more effective if we did it here anyway.

Thanks
    Ryan, have a look at the links directory. Members can add their business info there and people are welcome to bookmark the sites they find interesting.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
    Can I do the same thing here? Start a thread where we bookmark each other?
    If it is aimed at members only, do a thread in members chat or start a social group. At least we'd get an idea of level of interest.