Thread: Microsft Dynamics CRM

Silver Member
    Thanks

Microsft Dynamics CRM

Any forum members with experience of the microsoft dynamics CRM?

I was erroneously under the impression that it was similar to most microsoft office programs: providing you were prepared to spend time - it was possible to learn through experimentation.

Now I am advised that no! it needs an expert to customize the software - naturally at an hourly rate.

As we have already exceeded our budget buying the software and updated hardware etc, this has been rather a nasty shock!

Anyone have any advice for me?

Yvonne

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Too late to go Sugar?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Yup! Invested over R160,000 on hardware, network and CRM software, as we are going to attempt to run the company from the US.
    We hope to control two companies using the software.

If we achieve our objectives, it will be worth it I am sure, just wondered if any other forum member was using the program.

During my small amount of internet research, I did read that the negative comments were mostly based on a "lack of training" of users, rather than the program not delivering.

Yvonne

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I recall looking at Server 2003 - and there it was made clear to me that setting up was not a do-it-yourself deal. And that involved substantially less investment.

Playing in that league, you're going to need the software and hardware techs to set up, I think.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Can anyone recommend a Microsoft CRM customisation expert, in the Bedforview, Edenvale or Kempton Park area?

Definitely not a do it yourself project, and now apparently not even a do it by our IT company either!

Our IT people have been excellent previously, but it is apparent that the appointed person is "learning" as he goes, software is not their expertise.

I should have know I was in trouble when the salesman said "it was easy to customise"
    and did not find out; by whom and at what cost!
    Just assumed that the 10 hours would be sufficient!

I researched it prior to purchasing, and discussed the comments that complaints with the Microsoft CRM was nearly always related to lack of training!

I was assured this would not be a problem, but realise now that we were talking at cross purposes.
    The IT person meant "easy for the end user", once set up and customised! not easy to carry out the customisation!

I have basic knowledge of Access and presumed this software would be similar and as easy to customise, also assumed there would be standard templates available.

I should have been way more cautious, the original quote included 10 hours of customisation, now it seems as if he has spent about 80 hours and I have almost nothing to show for it.
    I have not been charged for the additional time - only the 10 hours, so they have not been "unfair", but the fact remains that we are unable to start using it, let alone start training employees to use it.

Our company has had two fairly expensive failed software development projects in the past, and I am so concerned that we have another!

Yvonne