Thread: Youtube??

Thanks

Youtube??

I have a question on youtube. My company sells e-business and MLM management systems. The system sell between R2 million & 3 million and we have some huge clients so its a pretty serious company. We also 'rent' the system so you don't need to be that big to afford it. We do target big companies though. Being in the IT industry we do almost all of our marketing online. Were thinking of marketing through youtube. We want want to set up a channel and have videos on each section of the company and the system. e.g. Intro (what we do etc) The system (How its made, on whet platforms etc.) vids on each section of the system (How the online buying works, how the communications engine works etc.) What do you think youtube will do to our image? Will it look mickey mouse? And do you think we will hit our target market?

I know youtube works. Just not 100% sure how it will work in this case. Any feedback or ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why not just serve the video off your website server - at least for the company's website? I'd say load it on youtube and then serve it in an iframe so that it can be viewed on your website, but if the video doesn't load because youtube is feeling a little cranky at that moment, you guys are the ones looking a little silly.

You can always load it on youtube too so that you can tap into that potential to produce leads...

Thanks
    Ja, that was part of the plan (put it on our site too). But the reason I want to put it on youtube is te get trafic back on to the site and get leads. Just not sure what a big company would think about a youtube channal. Dont want them to think were small potatoes. If the videos are done well and the page looks good do you think its ok from an image point of veiw?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's fine, I reckon.

It's progressive marketing for a progressive product. Just frown and go "You mean you aren't marketing on youtube yet? Man! We've got to get you up-to-date here!"

Thanks
    haha, thanx for the advice.