Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elements of a marketing strategy

Thanks
    So now that we know how your imagination works Dave, let's explore the different ways advertising taps into the human scratch

In psychology it is stated that the no1 fear is rejection. I strongly question that as I have seen people sail through rejection if they have a bigger vision. It is my personal opinion that the no1 fear is to look stupid. I have not to date met a person who likes to look dumb. See Vodacom ad campaign etc.

The no2 fear would be the feeling of being left behind -- we have a very strong herding instinct -- so brand & label become important.

If then 3 actions determine retention of information, visual, audio, and here Dave's tape is still going strong and physical interaction, sorry Dave, no score on the tape there, you have the equation of coming up with good advertising ideas.

Also take into account the Age we live in (see Agricultural, Industrial, Information,Individual ) Some people are stuck in the Information age, some have moved onto the Age of the Individual, hence the popular 'pay lines ' 'You're worth it' etc. that you find in all the motivational self-development books. Think of 'Just do it' or the washing powder ad that doesn't hone onto cleaning but getting dirty. Underlying message -- it is okay to have fun.

I firmly believe that we have moved onto a different Age, as is reflected in the development of products -- I am not very imaginative to come up with names, but it makes me think of multiple threads or the Age of Femininity. No Dave that does not mean another score on your tape Promise I am done teasing.

It is the 'pay line' that sinks into the sub-conscious if it hits the target, and that is what one should aim for.

So what if we reverse the process, and come up with pay lines? The one that was patented with my sofware was 'by excellence only' but i think it has become dated.

2. Thanks given for this post:

Superscenic (28-Nov-08)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12