medical aid...or not...i have not had medical aid for about 10 years...but my wife insisted that i take out medical aid in case i have an accident at work or end up in hospital from a heart attack...so i got one...so i go to the dentist to have my teeth fix...no can do...the cost to repair my teeth is around R18000.00...so i cannot do it.

i go to hospital because i get hit in the face and need stitches...but i have to pay because the medical aid savings is finished...i am still battling to understand why i took out medical aid...before i would go to the doc tell him i was not on medical aid...pay half the price or go to macords hospital pay R14 including my medicine.

but this is what really blew my mind...i was working at one of the hospitals the other day and was watching the people waiting to go into theatre for operations...i was listening to one of the patients begging the annethatist to give him a better rate or should i say to do the work at medical aid rate...he made a comment which i didnt hear but what i did hear was the guy had to sell stuff to foot the balance of the bill which the medical aid would not cover...anyway i get home and tell my wife about it and she tells me it is normal and we will have to do the same thing when she goes in for the babies birth.

i am sure the last thing you want to do when waiting like cattle for the slaughter outside the theatre is negotiate the rate they will be charging you...can i sue for a refund from the anethatist because the last operation i had i woke up on the operating table...they had to inject me 3 times to try calm me and get me back on the operating table...luckily my arm was strapped on because they had cut open my elbow to remove pieces of bone...i can clearly remember seeing the skin pulled over my elbow and the bones exposed...the nurse was saying you cannot give him anymore you will kill him...as they battled to hold me down...when i woke up from that operation i was in so much pain i had to be injected for pain for 2 days before the pain stopped and i was told i would never have the use of my right arm again ever...where are our rights as patients.