Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliminate all resistance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Eliminate all resistance

Whatever Julius Malema represents, it certainly is not democracy or the due process of law.
    Remnants of the counter-revolution, including the Democratic Alliance, and those opposed to Jacob Zuma becoming South Africa's next president must be eliminated, says ANC Youth League President Julius Malema.

"We must … intensify the struggle to eliminate the remnants of counter-revolution, which include the DA and a loose coalition of those who want to use state power to block the ANC president's ascendancy to the highest office of the land," he said on Sunday.

Malema was speaking at the funeral of former ANCYL Free State secretary Thabo "Skotch" Moeketsi in Vredefort.

Malema also said members of the ANC and its Youth League who got involved in crimes like stealing public money or stabbing other members were "rotten apples" who should be "uprooted from our midst without mercy".

"The ANC and indeed the Youth League have no place for people who carry sour grapes and create cabals because they believe they are entitled to leadership."
    full story from IOL here
    I think democracy is in for a stern test under a Zuma government at this rate.

Thanks
    "We must … intensify the struggle to eliminate the remnants of counter-revolution, which include the DA and a loose coalition of those who want to use state power to block the ANC president's ascendancy to the highest office of the land," he said on Sunday.
    "The ANC and indeed the Youth League have no place for people who carry sour grapes and create cabals because they believe they are entitled to leadership."
    Huh?????

Those two statements are not congruent.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan drennan View Post
    Those two statements are not congruent.
    I'd given up on common sense already

This crowd has got some serious paradigm gaps.

Thanks
    If it wasn't so serious it would be very funny, and I think as a SA with a keen sense of gallows humour, I do laugh until I think of Africa and it's general performance to date.

It reminds me of Mogabe tactics -- just eliminate the opposition and call it democracy, not that the latter exists in a true form and it always means mass rule. I am more in favour of a King/Queen in conjunction with Parliament, but then I am a very lone voice in finding that the best method of Government.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The Constitutional Court has delivered its judgement.
    The Constitutional Court has removed the biggest remaining legal obstacle to the corruption and fraud trial of ANC president Jacob Zuma and rejected allegations of bias against it following its formal complaint against Cape Judge President John Hlophe.

By a 10 to one majority the court upheld the legality of warrants for search and seizure raids by the Scorpions in August and September 2005 at Zuma's homes and the offices of his attorney, Michael Hulley, and the French arms company Thint.

In a judgement released on Thursday it also ruled unanimously that the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) could seek access to original documents held in Mauritius, including the diary of Thint's Alain Thetard, which allegedly records meetings between Zuma, his financial adviser Schabir Shaik and Thetard.
    full story from M&G here
    The usual suspects have roled out their condemnation of the ruling.
    Cosatu and the South African Communist Party have condemned the Constitutional Court’s ruling on ANC president Jacob Zuma’s application as confirmation that he is being tried for political reasons.

SACP leader Blade Nzimande described the court’s ruling as a “constitutional jungle”.

“We are going a dangerous route of becoming a banana republic,” Nzimande told the Mail & Guardian. He said the SACP was concerned about the credibility of the Constitutional Court.

Both Cosatu and the SACP said they would intensify their campaign for charges against Zuma to be dropped.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The usual suspects have roled out their condemnation of the ruling.
    Refer to this Zapiro.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I see there are also mutterings about a possible amnesty for corruption related to the arms deal. A "political" solution.

Now my question on that is - What defines a banana republic exactly? (Seeing as the subject of banana republics has been introduced by comrade Blade).

Thanks
    I see there are also mutterings about a possible amnesty for corruption related to the arms deal. A "political" solution.
    Also noticed this. Ducking, diving, weaving, bopping - when will it end as long as there are back doors for every person who steals from the country?

Now my question on that is - What defines a banana republic exactly? (Seeing as the subject of banana republics has been introduced by comrade Blade).
    Well, you are in KZN so you probably know a lot more about bananas than I do. I wouldn't mind seeing some people slip on bananas or go bananas - maybe even eat some humble banana pie. Maybe banana is just a veiled word for dick - so a banana republic is a place with a bunch of dicks running it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I'd go with subjective interpretation and application of the law, corrupt governance, political favour, elimination of opposition, Draconian practices, that sort of thing. Comrade Blade has good reason to be concerned.

Thanks
    It just makes me so angry. We have this amazing country filled with beautiful people and then we have this bunch of power grabbers who just want to get their grubby paws on everything. They all make out as if they have the purest intentions and the good of the people at heart - but really, where are the outcomes?

There are all these games being played, all these idiots who get media time for saying stupid stuff and the slow continuous whittling away at values which moved the country out of a repressive regime. Where are the good people in the story?

There must be people within the ANC who feel as strongly about this - why are they allowing all of this foolish behaviour?

Maybe the right question to be asking is why are we (I) allowing this to happen?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast