Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliminate all resistance

Suspended
    Thanks
    and it just gets funnier...with some people sitting in hospital for most of the jail sentence for fraud and now i hear they are considering releasing prisoners who are seriously ill...people try to commit suicide before being arrested for drunk driving...maybe he is hoping by the time he actually gets arrested they will be releasing the ill prisioners...maybe the 4 young fellas arrested a couple days ago will also get released because of the state they are gona be by the time all the imates are finished with them...i know there is no excuse for what they did but i would rather be the dead person than spend 12 years in a SA jail.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The "rolling mass action", aimed at getting the criminal charges against ANC president Jacob Zuma droppedand scheduled to begin on Friday (August 29) in KwaZulu-Natal, was likely to be replicated in other provinces, said ANC eThekwini chairperson John Mchunu.

"Already the country has taken a decision that Zuma must not face these charges. It will definitely roll to the other provinces very soon -- yes, we have spoken to the [ANC structures] in other provinces," said Mchunu.

The eThekwini region has orchestrated the campaign that will target 16 police stations, followed by the picketing of 12 magistrate's courts on September 5.

On September 10 a picket will be held outside the National Prosecuting Authority's regional office in Durban, followed by a night vigil outside the Pietermaritzburg High Court on September 11.

A "massive picket" is also planned at the high court the following day, when Judge Chris Nicholson will rule on Zuma's application to have the NPA's decision to prosecute him declared unlawful.

At a media briefing last week Mchunu said the mass action aimed to pressure the NPA to drop all charges against Zuma.
    full story from M&G here
    I don't remember voting as to whether JZ should stand trial or not, so I'm not so sure that the country has already decided.

I believe (but couldn't find it in this morning's scan) that the ANC has released an official statement supporting the rule of law, independence of the judiciary and all that. Well, what is the President of the ANC going to do about all his supporters who don't seem to feel the same way?

Actually, it's not entirely surprising there seems to be this dicotomy within the party. It's showing up all over.
    Pitched battles between different factions of the ANC in the Northern Cape delayed the start of the party's provincial conference last week, among allegations of intimidation and violence.

ANC leaders in the Northern Cape blamed the excessive focus on last year's national conference in Polokwane for the delay. ANC Northern Cape deputy secretary general Zamani Saul said the focus on last year's national congress as a result of the tight race for the ANC presidency meant that the party had lost control of its membership base at regional and branch level.

The Northern Cape provincial conference could not start as scheduled last week because of battles between supporters of ANC chairperson John Block and provincial secretary Neville Mompati. Supporters of both factions insisted that they be accredited as delegates to the congress, even though this meant double representation of some branches.

Saul said the process of selecting branch and regional delegates had been fraught with illegality. He said some regions applied corrupt tactics in nominating representatives for the conference and that in some instances there were two sets of nominations from one region.
    full story from M&G here
    I wonder what the chances are of a breakaway group forming for the upcoming national elections?

Thanks
    Yes I wonder if we will see a RANC (Real ANC) taking to the hustings?
    Or will a large percentage just not vote?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So much for being the party with a place for all. Mosiuoa Lekota has expressed his concern about the direction of the ANC of late.
    In a "personal, open letter" to ANC secretary general Gwede Mantashe on Thursday, Lekota said the "unusual situation that has now arisen in the African National Congress and the tripartite alliance requires extraordinary steps".

"I wish to place on record the concerns I see as gnawing away at the ANC with the hope that the leadership might wake up to the dangers our movement faces."

Lekota wrote that he joined the ANC attracted by its policies, political culture, values, history and its commitment to the interests of the country's people -- black and white -- and was still fervently committed to this cause.

"However, for some time now, I have lived with a growing sense that our leadership has veered the organisation away from the established policy priorities and customary democratic norms of the ANC."
    And how about this response:
    ANC members' criticism of the party amounted to notice of their resignation, its national executive committee said in reaction on Thursday to a strongly worded letter from former defence minister Mosiuoa Lekota.

"Put bluntly, you and those who share your views are giving notice to leave the ANC," Transport Minister Jeff Radebe, a member of the NEC, wrote in a reply to Lekota's letter.

"For the record, the ANC is a voluntary association of individuals who believe in it, and who [are] free to leave as and when they cease to do so," Radebe said.
    full story from M&G here

Thanks
    Someone else commented that when it comes down to it in the ANC "The centre will hold"
    He forgot that when it comes to politics, if the ANC takes a step to the left, "The centre will also hold"

Silver Member
    Thanks

Julius falling out of favour???

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I reckon the ANC has been well and truly hijacked for the forseeable future.

Thanks
    Very, very busy at this stage, but just had to contribute this bit:

According to our constitution Act 108 '96 Section 143 sub2 sub B a premier of a province can claim him/herself as sovereign of said state :-) So beware..... you never know, fortunately neither do they it seems.

A split in the ANC, which seems inevitable, is a very good thing to mine little ears.

I'm so tired I can't even spell, not that I could before, so perhaps i should refrain from comment?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's "wave goodbye to the scorpions" day today.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So Kader Asmal resigned over the Scorpions issue!
    Former Cabinet minister Kader Asmal resigned from Parliament because he did not want to vote for the disbanding of the Scorpions, he said in a lecture on Tuesday evening.

It would have been immoral of him to vote for the disbanding of the elite crime fighting unit, Asmal told an audience at the University of Johannesburg, Beeld newspaper reported on Wednesday.

He said he had made it clear that he did not want the Scorpions to be disbanded and that he stuck to his principles by retiring.

Asmal also said the so-called Travelgate MPs should not have been allowed to vote on the disbanding of the unit.
    full story from M&G here

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast