Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registered e-mail - Bulk Advertising without Spam

Thanks

Registered e-mail - Bulk Advertising without Spam

Looking for some ideas here. Have just launched www.IregMail.co.za and am looking for ways to promote the site, but do not want to do bulk Spamming - might end up on www.ihatespam.co.za !!.

As this is primarily an Internet Registered Mail system, my first though would be the legal eagles. Does anyone have any links for site used by the majority of lawyers, where I can advertise that would have the greatest exposure ? Alternatively, any publications (web or print) that would be subscribed to by the industry ?

Naturally, this type of service would be great for anyone needing to prove their e-mail was viewed or received by the recipients ( real estate, accounts departments, etc ), so also looking for any ideas along those lines as well.
    Watching the ships passing by.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Email arrival confirmations? Can't that be done with a few tweaks of your email client?

Just trying to understand the product

Thanks
    Hi Dave_A

Yes. You can send a "Request Read Receipt" with your standard e-mail, but the problem with this is that the recipient can very easily disable the bit that sends you back the confirmation that they received your e-mail. Therefore, they can deny ever getting the notification / new price list / invoice for payment / important document, etc. for as long as it suits them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. So how does your site solve that?

Thanks
    Hi Dave_A

We solve this with a simple process.

You send your e-mail via IregMail, and we notify the recipient that there is a new Registered Mail waiting for them. Included in the notification e-mail, is a URL with an encrypted key.

The only way for the recipient to access the mail is by using the link ( and accepting the terms that the URL is unique and use thereof constitutes viewing / receipt of the mail ).

The recipient is the only person who receives that link. So as soon as the link is used to view or forward the mail to the recipient, you ( the sender ) get notified -- this notification to you, the sender, is automatic and can not be disabled by the recipient.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I seem to recall there's some way to get a report that an email has been opened too (as opposed to the receipt confirmation), but I'd need to take a closer look at the nuts and bolts of the application I'm thinking of before I say too much more on that.

In terms of promoting it, you're not doing too badly already. Talking about it tends to help Ultimately it's the normal promotion problem, though. Identify target group. Find most cost efficient way to approach...

What is the business model? Subscription base?

Thanks
    Hi Dave_A

Yes. I'm looking at a 4 stage Product Line, with levels 2 to 4 being an annual subscription ( level 1 is free ) :

1. Free usage for private users, limited to 10 Mb per month, and no attachments. And 10 Mb is actually quite a lot in e-mail terms.

2. Advanced Private User Account - increased to 25 Mb per month, attachments allowed, confirmation that the IregMail server received the mail you sent, etc

3. Business User Account - 100 Mb per month, attachments allowed.

4. Corporate User Account - 1 Gb traffic per month.

Am also considering an affiliate type program. Affiliates have a link which, when used, reduces the cost to the end user by 7.5%. ( ensures that the end user uses the affiliate's link to register ) In addition, the affiliate receives a 12.5 % comm for all purchases by users registered via his url.

Do you think this is a good idea / reasonable comm rates ?

Thanks
    hmmm... nobody commented about the krappy logo on the web site.

Well, here's another example of the services that you can get at rentacoder.com ( there was another thread started a while back about Local Coders being too expensive ).

I wasn't at all happy with the logo we had on the web site - it was too blurry.

$20 and 30 minutes turned the old :
    http://www.iregmail.co.za/images/ire...x175_round.jpg

into the new logo you now see on the site www.iregmail.co.za.

What I learnt ( again ) - don't try and do everything yourself - outsource.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveob View Post
    hmmm... nobody commented about the krappy logo on the web site.
    Too busy reading the content. But now that you mention it - a definite improvement

On the subject of content, I couldn't find any indication of cost of the various packages anywhere

Thanks
    Hi Dave_A

I have left the rates in the 'Upgrade' section of "My Account".

This encourages browsers to register for the free account thereby becoming part of our database.

Also, the rates will be reduced for visitors using an affiliate's link ( when the affiliate program is added ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast